Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 with QSC K12 and KSUB

<< < (2/13) > >>

Jerrylee:
I'm talking about the b212s. If you want to use the 31 band eq as a crossover you need to use the aux 6 method.

Even if you have the k12s and want to use the 31 band eq as a crossover you need to use the aux 6 method. Not saying you want to do this with the k12s, but if you did...

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Jerrylee on April 20, 2013, 04:41:27 AM ---Rr the b212s have a high and low eq that works well as a crossover. Just turn down the low. Or of course just use the 31 bad eq as a pseudo crossover. So you don't really need one. And you can only use the aux 6 method if you want to use the 31 band eq crossover option.

Sorry to say this but the b212d's are definitely a high end speaker. The places where they would be used as mains probably wouldn't care about if there are crossovers or not. Gio I'm sure you're glad you switched to the k12s. I have the b210d's and they make great monitors. Especially for the price. I also have k10s and k12s for monitors and they are night and day. I have had to use a b210d with a k12 as mains once at a gig because one of my k12s went out. It worked ok but was a huge tonal difference.

--- End quote ---

JL, I use Behringer F1320D's for the floor monitors. Due to venue space issues, I went with the B205D's. They are plain crap! Glad I purchased the K12's. I'm doing sound for the Brewer Boys (X-Factor fame) tomorrow and trying the K12's then. I'll let you know how it goes.  :D

sam.spoons:
I used a pair of K12's with the DL on an outdoor acoustic "stage" last weekend (no sub). Highly impressed and very tempted to bash the wallet if I can raise the cash ;D

Harpman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 20, 2013, 04:49:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jerrylee on April 20, 2013, 04:41:27 AM ---And you can only use the aux 6 method if you want to use the 31 band eq crossover option.
--- End quote ---
You don't need that if you are using subs and tops that have crossovers built-in like the QSC "K" series.

--- End quote ---

Sorry RR. I think my question in the other thread was answered here.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 20, 2013, 04:49:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jerrylee on April 20, 2013, 04:41:27 AM ---And you can only use the aux 6 method if you want to use the 31 band eq crossover option.
--- End quote ---
You don't need that if you are using subs and tops that have crossovers built-in like the QSC "K" series.

--- End quote ---

Do you have any idea what the crossover points are on the K12's are when you which to EXT SUB? Would be good information to know.  I use to use a Behringer LMS crossover when I had my analog board, but haven't used it since I purchased the DL1608. I know comparing the K12's to the B212D's isn't even a comparison at all. The K12's have a tonal quality that the B212D's will never have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version