Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: DL1608 Autopsy

<< < (2/4) > >>

WK154:
Yup! But the sheriff of Nottingham is alive and well. Tax...Tax...Tax. There's a new Robin Hood satire in this one.

WK154:
Here's the pic. Not much to it 6 resisters and 3 connectors. I'll trace it out later. Plenty of room for the IC. Also a good source for RF problems!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/64wt042id00cj8a/30pin%20conn%20board2.jpg

LeeSteel:
Wow, awesome, nice work!

WK154:
As I previously suspected the docking connector is basically a USB connection or a variant that doesn't upset the iPad.  The Grounds have a ~160ohm separation between DL and iPad. There is no RF shielding for the "Beartooth small pad connection" (paddle board) as it's called. Apple goes thru great lengths to RF shield all their attachments such as the USB and Camera connector kit. Not so with Mackie they chose a ~160 ohm resistor to separate grounds instead?? I measured chassis leakage of the DL and found about 400 u-amps. Not terrible but could be better. The DL doesn't respond to a PC under XP USB enumeration and as such is not a true USB device hence the variant label. If someone has USB test SW or HW please check it out and let us know what you find.

WK154:
Last chance for questions. It's going back together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version