Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

IPad Air 2 Does the Trick with MF 3.X. In My Perception

<< < (3/10) > >>

Michael Welter:
So, I'm fairly new to this iPad mixing thing. I bought the iPad Air 2 (64Gb) just for this, and I've had great success with it so far. No lag at all. Of course, I always make sure I close any unneeded apps running in the background. It's been wonderful so far.

pytchley:
You don't need a loud band to have feedback issues. I do lots of acoustic instruments, miced with condensers,  who don't play loud and want monitors, put that in a noisy bar and feedback is never too far away....

Wynnd:
Acoustic instruments in their own monitors?  Generally stupid.  I've heard of drummers needing themselves in the monitors.  Gotta ask yourself why?   I like the thought of sending the drums back to the drum monitor with some delay to discourage that stupidity.

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 21, 2015, 02:53:58 AM ---Acoustic instruments in their own monitors?  Generally stupid.  I've heard of drummers needing themselves in the monitors.  Gotta ask yourself why?   I like the thought of sending the drums back to the drum monitor with some delay to discourage that stupidity.

--- End quote ---

Poor drummers  :)

I don't mind giving them some kick as this seems to get lost in a loud stage (after all it projects forward and away from the drummer) - but snare is just crazy!

I am with Wynn on trying to keep the stage volume down but few bands seem to be able to do so. Does't seem to have much to do with intelligence or maturity - some guys just never get that it can sound great without being loud. And there are even some that do get it, but just can't make it happen.

It such an interesting topic.

Cheers

Cheers

James91104:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 21, 2015, 02:53:58 AM ---Acoustic instruments in their own monitors?  Generally stupid.  I've heard of drummers needing themselves in the monitors.  Gotta ask yourself why?   I like the thought of sending the drums back to the drum monitor with some delay to discourage that stupidity.

--- End quote ---

Week to week, for 20 years, dual mixes of FOH & foldback stage monitors of live horns, sax, trumpet, t-bone, flute, along with percussion, congas, bongos, timbale, and yes those `stupid' drummers. Last I checked, those count as acoustic instruments.
Why? Because that is what the job requires. Period. And to much satisfaction for the musos. It would seem we come from different experiences.
I generally have great respect and admiration for the musos, artists, and performers I have worked with and for over the years. Some I can & have referred to as touched, characters, divas and a PITA at times, but to call them stupid for wanting to hear themselves in a foldback because they play an `acoustic', never.
Boy, did this go off the rails to the OP topic. :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version