Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (14/45) > >>

Ampli:
Hi sam i think your correct with the overload of the graphic cpu
With only a couple of channels there is less lag than with a lot of channels in use
I ll try this the next gig, make some view groups with only 1 channel and see if it still laggs or with all channels there is more lag

sam.spoons:
Interested to see what you discover. I concluded that GPU was not the problem BTW. I'm out with the DL today, iPad1/iOS6, iPad2/iOS7 & iPad3/iOS8, all running MF2.1.1. Should be interesting to see how my mates iPad1 compares with my iPads 2 & 3. I'll try the view group thing too to see if it makes any difference to MF2 (which does have a slight lag but less than half MF3 on the same iPad).

Wynnd:
I'm fairly sure that MF 3.0 was a major rewrite and not a minor modification.  It almost feels to me that they started the interface pretty much from scratch.  (Was the White noise problem designed in by accident?)  The PEQ sluggishness is preferable to the White noise explosion.  One the audience never hears, the other is an embarrassment. Just a note: the classic mode of PEQ is very responsive.  (Know anyone who prefers to use that?) I would gladly drop the classic mode if there's an improved response in the modern mode.  (I don't use the classic mode anyway and wouldn't miss it.  It was interesting to see it there, but the modern mode is easier to use.) 

Rdmitch:
Like the others said, the problem is mostly on the PEQ, I have been using the MF V.3 for a few weeks already on gigs and just switch all my
channels to classic EQ mode as a work through.  That's why I say it's not unusable, just annoying since the PEQ offered more infinite
adjustments and I liked having that screen to work within.  There are also times I can be scrolling across the channels (to get from input
1 to 16) and I can see a fader like delay or reverb actually moving up or down due to the scrolling.

We each have our own items that are important and this issue to me was important, whereas white noise was of no consequence to me as I
don't use the ipad channel (I plug in my ipod instead to a channel).
We all have our preferences in equipment too, I have always had great luck with Mackie and terrible luck with the "other mfg" so I do not
want to change at this point.  I have used the X32 and it was far too complicated for what I need it to do.  I'm pleased with the simplicity, price, and flexability of the 1608.  I think V.3 was a vast improvement in features with still a few bugs to work out.
I can't revert back to V2 since my upload was done on Wi-Fi download and I don't have a  iTunes  V2 backup. My fault, I should have backed up the old version just in case.
Just looking for a bit of assurance from Loud/Mackie that this is being looked into.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on December 15, 2014, 03:11:52 PM --- (Know anyone who prefers to use that?)

--- End quote ---
Hey Wynnd, I'm that guy :-[
I don't use "classic" mode exclusively but having used the same PA for a number of years, I had particular eqs stored in the grey matter and dialled them in via the "knobs".
It was used for speed on an initial setup to put me in the "ballpark" and worked fine with only occasional tweaking since.
I actually prefer the classic mode for the gate and comp. On my iPad minis it just works better for me. :thu:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version