Author Topic: Iphones can't see MF 3?  (Read 13889 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: Iphones can't see MF 3?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 10:53:58 PM »
OK, well if was me in that same situation I first would not wait for mackie to solve the problem by gig time.
Plan B needs to be in place.  Like I said earlier see if you can borrow a few iPads, you don't need to borrow another  mixer or find anyone with a 1608, all you need is their basic iPad, it will take 5 minutes to load the app on them, after the gig delete the app and return to the owner.no harm done, and the gig goes on.
Now, let's say no one I know has or will load me an iPad, I now have option C, just like back in the Stone Age we do a sound check for monitors and FOH and let the sound guy run mains and monitors with your iPod that you
must have to go with the 1608. After he/she gets a decent front mix, they come up to the stage and watch while each person signals what changes are needed in their monitor.  If there is NO soundpeprson.....get one!
Just kidding, if there is no one running sound for you and you're doing it yourself from the stage, let the individual
Band members tell you what they need between songs and make minor adjustments one at a time.
Yes, it's primitve, it's how we did it before there was iPads,iPhones,iPods,Ijails.  Just put up with it to get thru the gig cause the show must go on.  It won't be forever and the app will be ready before you know it.
Using a spare analog mixer won't be any better.
+1 to that
The older I get, the better I was!

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 06:44:07 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but is there no simple roll back procedure?  if not I may just throw this DL away and get a QSC.

Don't be too anxious to jump into that muddy pond. I have both. I'm a huge QSC fanboy, but the TouchMix is very far away from ready for prime time. The WIFI control is not functional except under the best of circumstances, and sometimes not then. They're updating it mid January. Mine's on the shelf until then.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but is there no simple roll back procedure?  if not I may just throw this DL away and get a QSC.

Don't be too anxious to jump into that muddy pond. I have both. I'm a huge QSC fanboy, but the TouchMix is very far away from ready for prime time. The WIFI control is not functional except under the best of circumstances, and sometimes not then. They're updating it mid January. Mine's on the shelf until then.
I quite fancied a Touchmix but they've yet to make much of an appearance this side of the pond.
Do people have the knives out for QSC on their forum, the way they have here for Mackie?
The older I get, the better I was!

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »

I quite fancied a Touchmix but they've yet to make much of an appearance this side of the pond.
Do people have the knives out for QSC on their forum, the way they have here for Mackie?

I have done some reading on them and I have read that as well along with a few other things.  Thanks for holding my feet down :)

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 06:32:37 PM »

Not really. Bunch of folks are seeing a thing with low outputs until they reboot, and they're a little grumpy. Most of the TouchMix forum userbase is pretty new. If you've never used a mixer before, I guess you have fewer expectations.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »
Another disadvantage of being in the market early?   Anyone think that the DL series just wasn't ready when released?  (Might go back and see what was thought about it up front.)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »
There were grumpy users but IIRC I thought mine worked fine straight out of the box. Have to trawl the old Mackie forum archive to be sure. :facepalm:

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
I felt the same way about mine it worked up to and really better than my initial expectations.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 07:52:37 PM »
Maybe we're just complaining more or expecting more?  The DL1608 has always met my personal expectations.  Still betting that fixing the white noise problem took a lot more than minor modification.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »
Well it was a long road but believe or not I'm out of the MF 3.0 swamp.  My ex (good heart that she is) lent me her iPad.  It still had 2.1.1 on it.  I was able to add it to my desktop pc using itunes and then sync my ipad to the pc and wowza I had 2.1.1 again.  Since I never used 3 with my DL1608 it was fine.  Got through the gig on NYE and all the iphones worked as well.

Hoorah :)  Thanks to all of you for your help, you guys made it possible.

Chris

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 11:20:35 PM »
Good stuff MM.

It would be good if Mackie released MF2 again as MF lite or something. From my brief demo of MF3 it's a huge step up from MF2 which is a double edged sword, for casual users MF2 is perfect, despite having more features than you need it's still very easy to navigate. MF3 OTOH is significantly more complicated and has, probably, twice the ability to catch the unwary out. MF3 (when it works properly for everyone) has way more features for the advanced user and will be a huge improvement over MF2 for those who can use those facilities.

Even when they get MF3 sorted I'll be slightly reluctant to recommend the DL to basic users as MF3 is a complicated beast and the easy learning curve of MF2 is history.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 01:27:33 AM »
Sam Io totally agree with you.  I of course downloaded 3 which is how I got here.  There were some cool functions I would use but none I needed so 2.1.1 is it for quite some time here :)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 10:09:22 AM »
I'll stick with MF2.1.1 until they sort MF3. The extra features would be very nice but not at the cost of an unresponsive GUI. I still have the X32 for my geek-fix :)

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2015, 04:36:11 PM »
There were some cool functions I would use but none I needed so 2.1.1

The trims alone have made the DL way more useful for me. Put the mixer onstage, set the gain pots low, and make it up as needed in the trims. It's a totally functional workaround for not having remote head amp control.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »
There were some cool functions I would use but none I needed so 2.1.1

The trims alone have made the DL way more useful for me. Put the mixer onstage, set the gain pots low, and make it up as needed in the trims. It's a totally functional workaround for not having remote head amp control.

I resolved this with 2.1 by simply engaging the compresser and adding the needed gain there. You can set the threshold as high or low as you want ( or non at all), but the gain slider works regardless.