Author Topic: RE: DL32R - WISH Feature  (Read 3428 times)

Gitarzan1

• Initiate
RE: DL32R - WISH Feature
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:11:24 PM »
I purchased and used my DL32 last week for the first time.  LOVE everything about it except for one tiny little feature I would LOVE to have added to the Master Fader interface.  I also use a QSC Touchmix 16 for smaller bands and when I am running sound on stage in my own band (love it, too) and the feature I would be giddy over is the following:  When using the iPad to control faders in the Touchmix, you can tap above or below the fader to move it in small increments instead of having to grab and slide the fader, which can be difficult and inaccurate if you are mixing on the fly while also playing in the band.

Everything else about the DL32, top-notch, mixy goodness.  Sound quality is great.  I totally LOVE the EQ interface.  I love the patching options, love the GUI and the configurability of channel views.

Wynnd

• Master
Re: RE: DL32R - WISH Feature
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 04:06:15 AM »
I like the suggestion and it sounds like something that could easily be incorporated into a future version of Master Fader.  Mackie hasn't been sitting still and Master Fader's software continues to get better.  (There are those who want the faster ipads for later versions.  I'm running Master Fader 4.x on an ipad 2.  Slow, but I'm not having any problems.)

Gitarzan1

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:04:47 PM »
That would be so awesome.  It's the ONLY feature I would like them to add and it's the only reason I will continue to use my QSC when mixing from on stage while playing. 

When running from FOH, I run 3 to 4 iPads so I can very quickly access different features.  I run 2 of them with main fader views of different input groups.  The 3rd one I like to keep for monitor adjustments or DCA groups, and the 4th I run with my delay sends on fader view as I like to play with the delays a lot so I can ring out some words and phrases easily with a long delay decay when it's appropriate.  It's still a tiny footprint I take up and I can pick up my whole station and move anywhere in the venue if I'm in the way or need a better view.  I can also grab one of them and walk around the venue to tweak things.  I know it's a bit of overkill on the iPads, but, I have them, I might as well use them.  Plus, it looks cool as hell to have a little army of iPads running the show.  I had so many people come up to me at the show last weekend and marvel at my little Star Trek mixing station.

Eventually, I would like to look into the DC16 control surface as an addition, but looking at the NAMM videos about it, it looks like the price pint is going to be WAY too high to justify.

slystewart

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »
This is a good idea ...I to run the sound on stage with a DL32R..playing bass finger style  sometimes so  hard to break off even using a IPad Pro  to make a good hot sweaty finger contact to move a slider this would help a lot.. thanks

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »
I like to use just one iPad when I 'only' mix -- it allows me to "escape" chatty bar patrons faster!
Onstage, I, too play bass and mix with the iPad Pro.  I have a 2nd iPad I use for echo settings, it works well most of the time.
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 01:18:02 AM »
Hi Gitarzan,

Rather than trying to slide faders I often just tap on a fader, then enter a number that I want the fader to go to.
For minus values remember to put a minus sign before the number!

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

c172essna

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »
Great idea Gitarzan! What version of Master Fader are you using?