Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

For all the naysayers,, I love this board

<< < (14/14)

Keyboard Magic:
WK,

Thank you for the clarification on that.  :-[ I actually did say, I'd better start Googling aka: searching  :). Oh well I guess we'll have to wait for Mackie to iron out the bugs, hopefully soon? Guess not huh?

Rdmitch:
Let me start by stating that I have no where near the knowledge that other posters have on this board. All the graphs,charts, formulas have minimal meaning to me.  I am not, repeat not a professional sound tech, nor is it my primary source do income. The others here simply amaze me at there awesome knowledge and help they are able to provide to novices like me. For that I am eternally grateful!
I am the average weekend warrior that beside playing drums in an occasional working band often is hired to run sound for others. I simply have a good ear and ability to know how to make things sound well mixed. I possess a decent working knowledge of systems and own enough gear to do a medium size gig with up to 4 monitors.
I work this as a fun social, way to generate a few dollars that fund my toys.

That being said, I like the DL a hell of a lot, I have had no real problems except my sticky button episode last week that never occurred since. I did not buy this to be a end all perfect system, I liked the wireless aspect and getting rid of all the outboard gear and snakes. Yes, I dumped a STudio live as a trade in for this.  I don't regret the decision at all and I would replace this with another DL again if it was ever lost or broken. I don't use the iPad music function other then running music prior to show time and during breaks and I have never had the dreaded white noise issue. I do however carry a spare Yamaha board just in case, but it's in my gear van anyway the same as I carry a few extra speakers, cords, power amps.

For my needs it's a perfect board, in over 60 shows I have never had a problem and any screw ups were my own stupid fault. I still would recommend this board to others.

Rdmitch:
Just a quick follow up, while I'm still liking the DL, I finally got a chance to run a X-32 last night. The house sound company allowed me to do the mix for the band that I work with all summer and I have to admit there is just nothing that compares to real faders!
While I miss the ability to wander the house, and I know it is possible with the X32 with the proper set up, it was still a lot of fun. Glad they hung close by to assist in setting up the matrix' sorry I would have been lost.
My 10 minute crash course only scratched the surface of the capabilities of this bad boy. Other then finding the controls to feel a bit cheap, and the  mike input locks a bit hard to release (yes, they were falling apart on a month old board) I was impressed with the quality of the sound and the flexibility of the board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version