Author Topic: FAQ: Wireless Connection Optimization  (Read 15752 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: FAQ: Wireless Connection Optimization
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 12:57:05 PM »
Some of our more learned colleagues probably already know this stuff, but just in case?

This is from Walmart's Web Page on the Airport Express. It is dated 2015, though.  Scroll down and look for "About this item" ....

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-AirPort-Express-Base-Station/44694196

This could be Walmart hype to sell this, but you never know.  :-\

And from this page: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/130483/airport-express-and-extreme-wi-fi-strength-comparison

Scroll down slowly until you see " 2 Answers" this states that the Express has 2 antennas and the Extreme has 6.

:)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:59:06 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 04:41:55 AM »
The last few gigs, my iPad air has been re-syncing litterally every minute while performing. I keep it mounted to my mic stand right in front of me and it's to the point I'm going to call tech support. I just checked and 'Ask to join networks' was on so I flipped it off. A number of times I needed to make an volume adjustment and I had to access MF on my phone as the ipad would take forever to re-sync. Im up to date software wise using MF4 and my Apple airport express which is a couple of years old. Any one want to chime in with ideas?
That was happening to me, as well, and I found a trick to fix it. I turned off WiFi on my iPad, then turned it back on again, and connected to the router. It worked just fine after that. I've had to do this on more than one occasion.
Mackie Junkie

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 01:58:37 AM »
The last few gigs, my iPad air has been re-syncing litterally every minute while performing. I keep it mounted to my mic stand right in front of me and it's to the point I'm going to call tech support. I just checked and 'Ask to join networks' was on so I flipped it off. A number of times I needed to make an volume adjustment and I had to access MF on my phone as the ipad would take forever to re-sync. Im up to date software wise using MF4 and my Apple airport express which is a couple of years old. Any one want to chime in with ideas?
That was happening to me, as well, and I found a trick to fix it. I turned off WiFi on my iPad, then turned it back on again, and connected to the router. It worked just fine after that. I've had to do this on more than one occasion.

I'll give it a try. Thanks