Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

MultiChannel WAV to multiple files for DL32R recordings for Mac and Linux

(1/9) > >>

Aqntbghd:
Hello,

I've been looking at options to convert recording done by the DL32R from the set of multi-channels wav files into a set of one file per channel. I also wanted to have a batch processing system so i can convert everything in one go and not involve complex drag'n'drop or risk of damaging the file. I've looked at doing that using the terminal and an wonderful tool called Sox. This tool is available on Linux machines and on Mac if you install MacPorts or HomeBrew. Once i had that i did some testing and managed to make a small shell script that will convert all files as expected. I'm attaching the script to this post, in hope it might help some people here.

To run it, just open Terminal, copy the script at the root of your DL32R disk drive (probably /Volumes/Untitled1) then cd into that folder and run ./convert-dl32R.sh you will have the file appearing in each recording folder named whatever_channel_14.wav Also ensure you have some spare space on the drive (at least 2 times the used space, as the script needs to some space to first merge the files in one HUGE file and then demux it)

Cheers,

dpdan:
in my humble opinion,
The Mackie DL32R should send individual mono wav files to the drive for multitrack recording,
not this extremely useless multichannel wav format that requires hours of tedious stitching and converting.
I would love to connect a drive and not have to use my Mac laptop and Digital Performer to make a multi-track recording, but I don't see that ever changing. :(

Aqntbghd:
I completely agree with you : this is a major feature gap for this product. and some others have clearly understood that, look at the presonus integration between capture and studio-one and you'll see how far it can go (the recorded project has the plugins configuration os that when you open it in your DAW you have the plugins set as your channels). However i think we can make it better for Mackie. As an example, it is obvious that the D32R is actually running an embedded linux inside, how about they get the Sox library and code that change to write multiple files instead of one big multichannel one ? even if it is a write-only format, it could make it easier for a lot of us. I was also considering making this script into a small raspberry-Pi machine, so i could plug a hard drive to it and it would convert for me with no interaction. there are plenty of possible tricks there :)

WK154:
If you look at the MF4 manual legal disclaimer you will find that the recording/streaming software is Archwave's. I don't think Mackie has the expertise in house to do much with it. I have not found a disassembly of a DL32 but it most likely has the Archwave hardware to accomplish this.

Topsøe:
OEM ARCHWAVE UREC2500 MODULE for DL32r

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version