Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

MultiChannel WAV to multiple files for DL32R recordings for Mac and Linux

<< < (4/9) > >>

RoadRanger:
Can someone post a link to a couple of these files that need to be joined and then split? I'd like to see if I can do it with ffmpeg and a simple batch file...

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 15, 2016, 03:31:54 AM ---Can someone post a link to a couple of these files that need to be joined and then split? I'd like to see if I can do it with ffmpeg and a simple batch file...

--- End quote ---

Sure, let me get caught up in the morning and I will see about uploading and sharing a couple with you

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on November 15, 2016, 05:11:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 15, 2016, 03:31:54 AM ---Can someone post a link to a couple of these files that need to be joined and then split? I'd like to see if I can do it with ffmpeg and a simple batch file...

--- End quote ---
Sure, let me get caught up in the morning and I will see about uploading and sharing a couple with you

--- End quote ---
The format of the WAV file is quite simple, it wouldn't be hard to write a utility that just does what's needed. I guess Mackie deemed it unnecessary?

Topsøe:
In pro tools you import them to cliplist , click on them (so they expand) and pull them in with shuffle engaged and they line up nicely

Aqntbghd:

--- End quote ---
Look at the first post in this thread, there is attached a script that does exactly this with Sox :) replace the program invocation with ffmpeg if you prefer :)

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 15, 2016, 05:29:18 AM ---The format of the WAV file is quite simple, it wouldn't be hard to write a utility that just does what's needed. I guess Mackie deemed it unnecessary?

--- End quote ---
There is a trick here : the Wav format is limited to 4GB (32 bits) in size, so you need to use an intermediary format that support larger files when stitching everything together as the overall result tend to go over that boundary. this is fixed by the w64 format as an example.

If somebody thinks there might be a business for this i'd be happy to build and sell a small device that when connected to a make recorded hard-drive will convert the files on it, but you'll have to cover my dev and hardware costs ;) however this could make the transformation just a matter of time : plug and wait for the green light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version