Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

MultiChannel WAV to multiple files for DL32R recordings for Mac and Linux

<< < (8/9) > >>

JohnMHoyt:
OMG, I *AM* dense....   

You quite literally meant that the filenames had to be changed to their format.  ugh.
Then you select the first file in the folder named that, and edit the output name and type.
It automatically selects the last file (highest number)...   And hit start.

This is sure not an elegant process =(

dpdan:
John, you are correct,
it is pathetic

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: dpdan on January 02, 2017, 06:52:05 PM ---John, you are correct,
it is pathetic

--- End quote ---

It's just a lot of work when other mixers and stand-alone recorders give me individual tracks straight to a USB hard drive (or flash drive even).   It's so easy on other devices to just hit "record" and let it record a set, or heck, I've done entire 2-3 hour events and had 18-24 individual tracks right off the preamps and it imports directly into any DAW without any stitching multitracks together, no fuss, no muss.

Seems like they could just have an option, so whoever wants multitrack.wavs can have that, and flip a config item switch and boom, individual wavs that are not broken up every x minutes.

That is my only real complaint about the DL32R, everything else works pretty darn great on it.

dpdan:
I agree :)

RoadRanger:
The help file for the RME utility does a great job explaining why segmented multichannel wav files are necessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version