Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Used the DL32R For First Time New Year's Eve - My Overview/Review

<< < (6/9) > >>

Rdmitch:
I think you nailed it !!

We all hope they improve the FX's in the near future.

WK154:
Takis your quote "Something that I noticed, for now, is that the AUX main output volume does not go to unity when the slide is all the way up... could be the balanced cable I am using..." can't be due to a cable. The aux out depends on the collection of dry signals on the aux bus. You have level control over all input channels that are routed to the aux bus. The DL XLR to LEX 1/4" should be a TRS, all balanced but it would only affect the level into the LEX if it were unbalance TS by 6 dB.

dpdan:
Takis,
since you have 32 inputs, you should connect both the left and right outputs of the Lexicon and pan them hard left and right (stereo)
unless your mains are mono.

takis:
Used the systme with the external Lexicaon this past weekend.  Worked very well.. Only thing noticed is that there was a small high hiss coming through the system because I had to palce the channel gains high enough for the reverb to take full affect.  Not that big of a deal... Tried to work in a Gate, but it affected the tail fo the reverb...

Overall happy for now.

dpdan:
Hi takis,
many digital reverbs have noisey outputs so you need to radically lower the "gain" trim on the rever returns and raise the input to to reverb to near clipping. That will give you clean results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version