Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Used the DL32R For First Time New Year's Eve - My Overview/Review

<< < (7/9) > >>

WK154:
Sounds more like an unbalanced cable in the mix somewhere. The DL's don't like unbalanced.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 12, 2015, 04:54:09 PM ---Sounds more like an unbalanced cable in the mix somewhere. The DL's don't like unbalanced.

--- End quote ---
Are you 100% sure this applies to the DL32 since it has an internal PSU?

sam.spoons:
The issue with the 1608 was to do with the impedance balanced aux outs rather than the PSU as such. The DL32 has a 3 pin mains connector with a safety earth where the 1608 has a two pin mains lead with no safety earth, not sure how that will affect things though.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on January 15, 2015, 03:46:26 PM ---The issue with the 1608 was to do with the impedance balanced aux outs rather than the PSU as such. The DL32 has a 3 pin mains connector with a safety earth where the 1608 has a two pin mains lead with no safety earth, not sure how that will affect things though.

--- End quote ---
US version has a three wire IEC power cord w/ground - yous guys don't?

takis:
Yes, I am using balanced cables for everything...  I will try to fiddle around by lowering the output AUX1 volume and playing with the gain/trim on the input returns, to get rid of the hiss...  Will check in sometime early next week with my analysis.  Thanks for everyone's input again... 

Did another small club gig this past weekend with just 3 speakers, no micing of the drums either...  everythign was very clean... barely needed to do any tweaking of anything... again quick etup and breakdown and less equipment and wiring... so far so good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version