Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Used the DL32R For First Time New Year's Eve - My Overview/Review

<< < (9/9)

sam.spoons:
I mean that if the DL series didn't have the 'pin 1' problem the PSU would not be the cause of noise.

Just occurred to me, IIRC the noise issue on the 1608 has only been reported on the auxs (usually when unbalancing using a TS lead), the DL32R has all it's outputs on XLR does that make a difference?

WK154:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on January 16, 2015, 10:13:44 AM ---I mean that if the DL series didn't have the 'pin 1' problem the PSU would not be the cause of noise.

Just occurred to me, IIRC the noise issue on the 1608 has only been reported on the auxs (usually when unbalancing using a TS lead), the DL32R has all it's outputs on XLR does that make a difference?

--- End quote ---
If there is no pin 1 problem then there should be little noise. The XLR on the DL1608 had the same results in my tests, but most other posters probably had a balanced L&R out in use.

sam.spoons:
Yeah, that does make sense. I'd pretty much forgotten about the problem 'till this thread as all my rig is balanced.

takis:
OK.. I took the advice of soemone where I boosted the Aux1 channel to the extreme - all the way to the top... and then lowered the return channels until a slight hiss started through the system - the fader went up about 1/2 way....  then on the say the vocal fader channel, went to aux1 to add the reverb from the Lexicon and palced it up about 1/2 way and got enough reverb that I needed without not allot of hiss...  but there was just a little...

For me, the topic is over until I hope Mackie upgrades their reverbs, or a 3rd party vendor has some plugins to install...

Thanks again  for everyone's assistance.

Taki

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version