Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: Reverb Not Working?

<< < (2/3) > >>

CyberHippy:
The part that usually trips me up is that the channel you want reverb on has to be up in the Main Mix or you don't get any verb anywhere else - it's post-fader.

I really wish that wasn't the case because I use the 1608 in situations where I don't always want the track up in the mains but want verb there (snare, especially when the player has a loud snare hit)…

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: CyberHippy on August 12, 2013, 02:53:08 PM ---The part that usually trips me up is that the channel you want reverb on has to be up in the Main Mix or you don't get any verb anywhere else - it's post-fader.

I really wish that wasn't the case because I use the 1608 in situations where I don't always want the track up in the mains but want verb there (snare, especially when the player has a loud snare hit)…

--- End quote ---
Yes, same for horns where they want their horn and 'verb in their monitors but you don't need the horn in the mains, just 'verb.

dellerton:
Thanks, guys.  I am sure this is what I am missing.  We've been using the DL1608 at rehearsals and haven't had the mains on.  But this makes sense!  I'll try when I get to the rehearsal space, but thanks for all of your help!

dellerton:
Thanks, everyone, for your help.  That did the trick.  EVerything worked last night at rehearsal.  Yes, the idea that the reverb (and delay) is a master AND post-fader on the mains (LR) had escaped me.  So, since this is a FAQ:

**** To get reverb working on ANY output, you must have the fader UP in the mains (LR) output (or your AUXs won't get anything).

You guys are the best!

CyberHippy:
No problemo, may all your mixes be balanced & feedback-free!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version