Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R for sale

<< < (2/4) > >>

dpdan:
I just sold it on eBay a little after midnight my time, and the buyer is in Hawaii,, GO FIGURE,, I can't win for losing.
I included free FedEx shipping but I sent him a message telling him that I would pay $75.00 of the shipping but he would need to pay the balance which is $114 and change.
It is up to him and either he will agree to this or I refund his money and cancel the transaction and relist it. 

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: dpdan on March 25, 2020, 06:10:04 AM ---I just sold it on eBay a little after midnight my time, and the buyer is in Hawaii,, GO FIGURE,, I can't win for losing.
I included free FedEx shipping but I sent him a message telling him that I would pay $75.00 of the shipping but he would need to pay the balance which is $114 and change.
It is up to him and either he will agree to this or I refund his money and cancel the transaction and relist it.

--- End quote ---

Well darn, I have a church that would have just loved one as their presonus has faders with issues and a couple channels out and they are poor.  Especially now that their tithing has been cut to 10% of 10% heh =/

dpdan:
Hi John,
this eBay transaction has turned into a real nightmare... but not because of eBay, because of PayPal.
I have flawlessly used PayPal for over twenty years. I decided to cancel the sale and refund the buyer. Currently, I am waiting for the buyer's agreement to cancel.  ::)
I went to eBay and cancelled the transaction, then eBay's system informed me that they would handle the refund through PayPal and re-list the mixer and not charge the 10% selling fee.

I get an email from eBay informing me that "there was a problem with the refund". I went to PayPal and tried to refund the buyer his total but PayPal stated there was not enough funds. REALLY?.... I had a zero balance before this sale and did not use any funds from the balance since I was paid for the mixer so there should be exactly enough to make the refund.

So, I called PayPal and she tells me that the sales tax that eBay charged the buyer was not the problem,.... the problem is that I needed to "add funds" because PayPal NOW keeps their fees no matter what. So I asked her.... "if I sell a ten thousand dollar mixer on eBay, and the buyer changes his mind after his/her payment, I can refund the buyer and eBay does not keep their $1,000.00 10% fee,... but PayPal keeps their fee of 300 plus bucks, and is NOT refundable to me. I told her that I will no longer be using PayPal because of their "new policy". GOODBYE PayPal!

Let me know if your church would like to buy it, and I will ship it to you. Make me an offer. It is double boxed and ready to go to FedEx. Personally I would be thrilled to know it is going into ministry.   

WK154:
None of this crap happens on REVERB. This is the focus of audio gear sales, you might try it. I've never had a problem with them.

dpdan:
Hi WK, I have an account with REVERB but never used them, how do they charge and base their fees?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version