Author Topic: UH OH! can't view SUBS  (Read 3490 times)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
UH OH! can't view SUBS
« on: November 23, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
OK, I set up a show with colors, icons, images, aux masters, a bunch of stuff,....
then I wanted to make my own custom view, to hide everything that I don't want to see.

I used VIEW 1 for my main mix window. In it, is all the input channels, reverb, delay and VCAs for drums, vocals, brass etc., as well as VCA1 to control all the AUX monitor masters as a PANIC in case something goes bonkers in the monitors. Not that it ever does, but since we have VCAs why not  :)

Unfortunately, in my custom view, I CAN NOT include any of the aux masters like "SUBS" (subwoofers)
I wanted SUBS to be all the way to the right just next to the MAIN master Fader...

I can not do it ..
Can you?

mtsens1

• Padawan
Re: UH OH! can't view SUBS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »
I was trying something similar, but using the Masters view. I would love to have a View with just LR, Subs, VCAs, and the AUX channel running my sub woofers. It would be nice to be able to hide faders not being used from the view, and just tailor what I really need to see while running sound while playing on stage. This get's me close, but still have to swipe left/right to see what I really want to see. PITA while playing tasty bass licks  ;D

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
Can you use a VCA on your subwoofers?

mtsens1

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
No, you can only assign channel faders, groups, ipad, reverb and delay to VCAs, not Aux's.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »
I have A1 open to the assign page. VCAs and Mutes.

EDIT: Oh, interesting, if you go there from the VCA page the auxes don't show up.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:33:47 PM by nottooloud »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
That seems like a real shame, a way to pull the volume of all aux sends from one fader would make emergency feedback control a breeze. I haven't upgraded yet as I think will be forced to get iOS 8 but if I can work out a way to limit the upgrade to 7 I'll give it a try (I believe Apple continue to sign the previous iOS version for a week or so when a new version is released allowing downgrades but I think that will be past now for iOS 7, does anybody know better?).

mtsens1

• Padawan
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 04:02:27 PM »
I have A1 open to the assign page. VCAs and Mutes.

EDIT: Oh, interesting, if you go there from the VCA page the auxes don't show up.

Thanks! That way works, I put assign my Aux fed sub from the AUX view to a VCA, and although it doesn't show up in the VCA view, I can now control the sub from that view. Obvious minor bug for Mackie to fix.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
Sam, you can indeed assign all the stage monitor "aux" masters to a single VCA, I already did,   wonderful   :)

mtsens1, good idea, assign the subwoofer aux to a VCA that can be seen in the custom view  :)
A good workaround for sure but it wastes a VCA. 

I sure do hope Mackie makes the following additions to the 6 views
not just inputs, returns, effects, subgroups & VCAs.....

but
Aux sends and Matrix masters too!!!

Please Beno   :)

I am loving this app and this company more than EVER!

Thanks!

Dan