Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0 is Here !  (Read 51100 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader V3.0 is Here!
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2014, 11:05:42 PM »
Was playing around with MF 3 on my undocked iPad 2 for a while this afternoon. I loaded my shows that were stored in the app. No problems, then all of a sudden the app crashed. I had to close the app, restart the iPad and reload MF. Went to load my saved shows, they were all gone. Fortunately I had backed them up to iTunes. Reloaded from there and voila! all back again. After that, it worked properly, no more crashes. It’s a good bet that it was a user screw up (me),  :facepalm:  but I’m even more certain now for myself personally MF 3 is a little bit unstable. 

Thank goodness I only put MF 3 on one iPad 2. At least I can run MF 2.1.1 for a while until, if and when there will updates to MF 3. Of course this could all be just in my own mind and never actually happened.  ;) That’s more likely the case. I’m going to keep playing around with it some more to see if I can recreate the crash and loss of shows.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2014, 11:16:45 PM »
It's pretty clear and by BenO's own admission that this is PUBLIC BETA why would anyone load it unless they don't need the equipment functioning? Crashes and lockups, sync problems etc. should be enough of a clue.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 11:36:57 PM »
It's pretty clear and by BenO's own admission that this is PUBLIC BETA why would anyone load it unless they don't need the equipment functioning? Crashes and lockups, sync problems etc. should be enough of a clue.

I know this is probably a dumb question, but why would a company push out a beta to use on their products that totally relies on the software to run, when it's full of bugs? It's Ludacris.  >:(  I know, just look at all the big computer software manufacturers..."Just have to sell millions of copies make billions of dollars and we'll call the bugs features" OIY!
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2014, 11:41:55 PM »

I have been locking out lots of functions that we are unlikely to use.   It would be nice if when an item is locked out, then it was removed from the screen rather than just greyed out, but that's just my personal preference.

You can remove them by setting up view groups that exclude the unwanted channels , like in load that preset and select viewgroup A :-)
If in doubt ask

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2014, 12:56:32 AM »
Couldn't resist and downloaded the new app late this afternoon. Been working my way through it and it's pretty intuitive. I really am liking the new features and colors .  So far it's everything I could have hoped for and for that
I really thank Mackie.   If only they could resolve my Thump 18S issues , I would be in Mackie heaven.😍

I am not wrapping my hands around everything yet but will get a feel for it more after I sync with the console and actually can hear what I'm doing and see what works well. I think I'll take my yamaha analog with me tomorrow night just in case.

First thing is I need to figure out how to save to iTunes.....just in case.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2014, 02:00:17 AM »
Spare mixer is probably always a good idea.  I've taken my small spare with me on occasion.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »
Been messing with this a bit and decided to sync to the 1608, all worked fine as long as I was docked.
When trying to go wireless it simply would not connect.
Tried everything and could not get a connection. After doing what I could I contacted customer service.
Not only was there no wait, but the guy I worked with was wonderful and patient as we reset everything including reloading the firmware. Took almost an hour before everything was able to connect. Got,to say he was just a pleasure to talk to, lots of time for small talk about the system while reloads were taking place. I expected the worst and got the best!  He even guided me to where to find the 240+ page v.3 guide !

Will spend time reading and working the program over the weekend since I need to run it next weekend.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2014, 11:37:33 PM »
Been messing with this a bit and decided to sync to the 1608, all worked fine as long as I was docked.
When trying to go wireless it simply would not connect.
Tried everything and could not get a connection. After doing what I could I contacted customer service.
Not only was there no wait, but the guy I worked with was wonderful and patient as we reset everything including reloading the firmware. Took almost an hour before everything was able to connect. Got,to say he was just a pleasure to talk to, lots of time for small talk about the system while reloads were taking place. I expected the worst and got the best!  He even guided me to where to find the 240+ page v.3 guide !

Will spend time reading and working the program over the weekend since I need to run it next weekend.

I had a similar experience with their phone support. It was excellent! The guy took the time to walk me through my problems (back when I first got the DL).

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2014, 05:58:16 AM »
My experience wasn't quite that good, but I'm very glad to hear they're stepping it up.  Now, where is that 240+ page manual?  Link would be good.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
it is in the most obvious place....mackies website

http://www.mackie.com/products/dlseries/downloads/manuals/Reference%20Guide%20(Control%20Apps).pdf

If this link does not work just go to
Mackiemixers.com
click on DL series
go to specs and documents
open the refernce guide control apps

there is the 270 pg guide for the v.3 app 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
From that manual, page 219:
"Version 3.0 of My Fader is currently being violated by our Engineering team"
:facepalm:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2014, 07:28:34 PM »
From that manual, page 219:
"Version 3.0 of My Fader is currently being violated by our Engineering team"
:facepalm:

:o  ::)  :eek:  :facepalm:  ;)  Had to see for myself.  ;D  I'm sure they didn't mean that literally?  :P

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2014, 07:43:51 PM »
Oops !!!   :facepalm: :-[    Think that might be revised fairly quickly !!!!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2014, 07:55:16 PM »
Oops !!!   :facepalm: :-[    Think that might be ravished fairly quickly !!!!
There I fixed that for yah ;)

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2014, 09:45:19 PM »
Overall the manual is fairly humorous in places, so I'm not surprised by anything that might be in it.