Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Advice Request for Migrating from DL-1608 to DL32R

<< < (2/7) > >>

JMc:
Thanks for the replies, Michael.  Much appreciated.  Costco was having a sale on Seagate 2T USB drives that includes a little padded jacket for the drive for eighty five bucks.  I figure that'll give me plenty. 

I'm going to have to get up to speed on the patch panel routing...  and a lot of other stuff...  After I format the drive, can I install my intermission tracks in a folder?  Or do they have to be in the root?  Or does it even matter, either way?

Another question, please...  Those 1/4" monitor outs....  What signal is routed to them?  I am assuming it is simply the main mix, just like the one on AUX OUT 13 and 14, correct?  Can a specific mix be assigned to each of those 1/4" monitor outs?    I'll try to search the forum before I ask any more questions.  Thank you for your patience in the meantime.  I've got two shows coming up this Friday and Saturday evenings and I'm very anxious to get up to speed on this booger so my band isn't embarrassed or runs into any unexpected issues.

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: JMc on June 02, 2015, 10:47:15 PM ---I'm going to have to get up to speed on the patch panel routing...  and a lot of other stuff...  After I format the drive, can I install my intermission tracks in a folder?  Or do they have to be in the root?  Or does it even matter, either way?
--- End quote ---
After you format the drive with the DL32R, eject it, and connect it to your computer. It should have 2 folders at the root, but if it doesn't (mine didn't), create them as follows:

Music
Recordings

They must be named as above. In the music folder, put all the songs you want to have available for playback. You cannot use subfolders to organizze your music.  :-[ They must be 48Khz WAV files. No other format is supported.

--- Quote from: JMc on June 02, 2015, 10:47:15 PM ---Another question, please...  Those 1/4" monitor outs....  What signal is routed to them?  I am assuming it is simply the main mix, just like the one on AUX OUT 13 and 14, correct?  Can a specific mix be assigned to each of those 1/4" monitor outs?
--- End quote ---
By default, the Main L/R mix is sent to those. But you can patch anything you want to them. That gives you 16 outputs.  :thu:

If you haven't already done so, I recommend downloading the Reference Guide here: http://www.mackie.com/products/dlseries/downloads/manuals/Reference%20Guide%20(Control%20Apps).pdf

JMc:
Thank you VERY much.  I have not downloaded the reference guide yet, but will surely do so now.  Whoops, that link isn't leading me to ANY documentation for the DL32R at all? Ah, never mind, googled and found it.

Really appreciate the help re: the HDD folders.  It's sort of a bummer that all the intermission playback files have to be 48k wav.  I'll just be up-converting already saved mp3 files, so all I'll be "gaining" is less space on the HDD.  Oh well...  Can't have everything, but I'm certainly very pleased with what I'm getting here...

Cheers,

Jeff

Wynnd:
Open up Master Fader 3.x and after it settles down, go to the tools icon.  (Where you hook up the wifi to the mixer and limit access for other users.)  On that screen you will see several tabs and the last one is help.  Go there and you will find a user manual icon.  touch that and it opens, if you want it available, touch the send to icon on the upper right and send it to ibooks.  I've got manuals for everything I use for sound and gigs there.  (With copies on my computer and iphone too.) 

JMc:
I had Harpman over today and we did a little fiddling around with the DL32R so I could feel a little more comfortable around it.  Thanks, Gio.  You were a big help.  He was also a witness to a bug I discovered when fooling around with the routing section while in the Input B tab.  To put it simply, I cleared the default routing parameters and made some changes, only to discover that I could not exit out of the routing screen at all.  I tried everything.  Finally had to reboot the iPad, but did not need to reboot the mixer.

We recorded a few test tracks on a couple of channels.  I couldn't help but notice that the recording levels seemed very low, peaking at maybe -18 db.  The input gain on both channels was well past the halfway mark and no compression was used on either channel, which brings up another question...  First off, is there any way to monitor the recording levels with the metering on the faders?  Secondly, when the tracks are recorded, are they being recorded dry, or are they subject to the DSP settings on each channel?  I want to make sure my recordings are laid down with no signal processing, if possible, so I can save all that magic for the work in post. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version