Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPad Pro and iOS9 are here

(1/9) > >>

WK154:
Well if you are exited about an overpriced and over-sized Air 2 it's here. Unfortunately the only external wired link remains the Lightning connector and nothing but USB capability as before. As far as I'm concerned it's not a Pro device with this limitation. The dual app capability is hardly to be considered a "multitasking" OS unless all you can handle are 2 apps at a time. What a disappointment.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on September 10, 2015, 01:35:50 AM ---Well if you are exited about an overpriced and over-sized Air 2 it's here. Unfortunately the only external wired link remains the Lightning connector and nothing but USB capability as before.
--- End quote ---
As I've pointed out before, the iDevice's (unofficial) wired Ethernet capability is via the USB - why would you expect different?

Kev tyler:
Surely a modern windows tablet would pee all over the new pad, all them brains at Apple can't realise we want a couple of in out options on a 600 dollar unit.

Too busy making a nice cardboard box to ship it in I guess.

robbocurry:
Meh!
You guys :facepalm:
It's a bigger version of the iPad.....gasp!
Lots of people will want it and will buy it.
You don't like it, don't buy it!
Don't get angry and bitter, just ignore it - problem solved :thu: :)

Hope you guys are all keeping well btw!

ijpengelly:
It seems odd that they haven't gone down the Thunderbolt route as they did with the MacBooks to provide a range of connectivity options. As said, it can hardly be considered 'Pro' with such limited connectivity. One suspects that even with the extra screen real-estate the Master Fader app would not be 'enhanced' to take advantage of it, i.e. 12 channels on view, etc. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version