General Forums > The Harmony Central Refugee Camp

Looks like HC screwed the pooch again LOL

<< < (8/13) > >>

axisplayer:
My patience with HC is about gone. Problems are worse this morning than they have been. I can't stand it anymore. I may just stop going there since it irritates me to no end.

RoadRanger:
Damn shame, ain't it? :(

axisplayer:
You know, it is just a issue of available time. I don't want to spend all my time hitting reload and waiting for it to finally appear. I have so many irons in the fire right now I just can't justify it. Currently:

• I just bought 3 more Audiorail systems (5 total now) to complete my system. I need to rack my second 01v96 so I can have one Audiorail always hooked up to it. It will be a backup board/monitor board that can be added by just plugging in one cat5 cable.

• I have 6 new Earthworks mics I can't decide how to transport since normal mic cases aren't really designed for them and the wooden boxes they come in aren't the practical solution.

• I finally started using my Show Designer 1 lighting console and have absolutely NO scenes or presets ready at this point. I have only been able to busk with it.

• My Radiance Hazer needs to be cleaned after Halloween usage (heavy use all night.)

• I bought another Mac (this time a Mini) and an Airport router, as well as the rack mounting hardware for them. I need to reconfigure my entire FOH rack. The folding AV computer shelf needs to go to the monitor console rack (see first bullet) and this new stuff all needs to go into the FOH rack which includes fabricating a mechanism to hold the separate monitor and have it lift up over the console when in use, as well as new rack selves for the wireless keyboard and mouse I use with it.

• All the FOH wiring will cause me to need to change my interface for Spectrafoo and I will have to recalibrate everything after I change the design of the system.

• I bought replacement K&M booms for my old stands which are beginning to wear out. I have been cannabalizing parts from them as they fail to keep my Frankenbooms going. I finally just got new ones and need to dig all the stands out of the trailer and switch everything out.

• The addition of all the Audiorail units means that I need a LOT of new IO panels with WC BNC connectors, Firewire, USB, Ethercons, etc made for the various racks so I can hook it all up.

• My trusty EWI 32/150 reel snake needs some TLC for the fan that is suffering. I have more than 10 of the 120 pin EDACs, the crimpers and inverters/extractors, a new heat gun, a ton of new heat shrink, and a snake repair kit from Mark. I need the time to cut off the fan and put an EDAC on the main trunk. Then I need to make a new fanout with all the heat shrink and repair kit, and add an EDAC to that.

Without thinking hard, that is a little of the current system work. I figure if I stop working my day job now, I could have it all done by sometime next year. That means that wasting time on HC loading a few pages on screen is not high on my priority list.

I could just scream....  ;-(

RoadRanger:
Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy :) . Not the best week for me :( . My newly built custom bass was shipped to me last Wednesday via Priority Mail due last Friday - tracking has it leaving the originating post office and not seen since :( . Lots of damaged venues here from Sandy :( . Lost out on a potentially lucrative contract yesterday (process control system). Waiting for the Nor'easter to hit tonight :( . I stopped soliciting sound gigs waiting for my Dl1608 to arrive and it'll take some time to get bookings again. The main band I was working for went on hiatus last May. Don't much care for winters :(

<Grumble, Grumble> LOL :D

axisplayer:
Sorry to hear all that. The bass might show up sometime. Was it insured? (Hope so.)  Will the venues rebuild or was it a great chance to cash out on insurance and be done? The Nor'easter probably won't be much when it gets to you. I understand the hiatus thing. I stopped all gigs this summer (almost totally) since April 1 and am just starting to go out again. I decided to scale back (I am getting old now....) and am not concerned about the low numbers but do understand that getting back in the game takes time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version