Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 8

<< < (11/34) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
That would be an interesting scenario… Uhhhh, your mixer’s ringing ??  ???   ;)

Wynnd:
I've taken to watching TV shows on my ipad.  That works well and videos in general run much better under ios 8.  Right now ios 8 is looking good.  Will run the DL1608 tests later this morning.  (I don't keep my equipment in the house.  Use a storage locker instead.  That is the primary reason none of my gig equipment was damaged last year in the flooding.  We had about 6"s in the basement.  Our neighbors had about 4 feet.  I've been afraid to check out my Vox Continental organ.  It most likely didn't survive the flooding.)   

Keyboard Magic:
I finally convinced myself to update one of my iPads to iOS 8 after a lot of waffling. (no waffles though) It went smoothly. There were no glitches like on my iPhone. I was impressed. I decided to ask the school if I could come by and try it with their DL. They actually let me borrow it instead to test it thoroughly at home. I’m glad they trust me.

Well I was delightedly surprised that the iPad and the DL worked flawlessly. Even the wireless worked 100%. Nice! So I’m going to take a leap of faith and upgrade the other iPad as well. I guess this DL is one of the better ones that was built. It was a 50/50 chance and this time it worked. I got lucky.  I took the “red pill” this time.

Wynnd, A lot of homes here in Toronto were damaged by the heavy rains a while back. We were unscathed but I really hope that your priceless Organ was not damaged. I would feel the same way, you have to find out, but really really don't want to look.

Wynnd:
My poor Vox is hardly priceless.  It was the second organ I bought.  (1972 I think.)  Actually, my first organ was an Ace Tone, the third was a Hammond X5 which was built by Ace Tone.  My current gig-rig is a Roland VK-77 and RD300GX.  Roland was started by the man who started Ace Tone.  So that musical line has followed me since 1968.  Only owned three keyboards that had nothing to do with either Ace Tone or Roland. 

Keyboard Magic:
Collector's item maybe? It's still hard to have any musical gear trashed though. The first organ I ever put my hands on was the B3 back in the 70's at Humber College. That was so cool and what a sound with the Leslie Speaker. If I had the room, I'd like to have a reconditioned "B" in the house. 8) Can't beat mechanical tone generators!

Aside from my main instrument AKA my avatar, I've graduated to the Roland Atelier AT800 at the big seniors home I volunteer at. WOW, power trip indeed.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version