Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie dl1608 white noise saga! (A new member, who has been a lurker)

<< < (24/25) > >>

sam.spoons:
The problem is that most of the kit is made in the same Chinese manufacturing facilities with the same variable attitude to QC. Time will tell but Behringer have built their own factory and manned it with their own management/tech/QC team to get around the problem. I suspect A&H, Mackie, JBL, et al use the same bunch of factories and the quality of the product will depend as much on how frequently the client's QC guys visit as any other factor. `If the white noise issue is a HW problem and earlier DL's seem ok (anybody out there got the problem with an older DL?) that suggests a change of spec on newer ones may be causing the problem. If it's a SW/FW issue then the older desks should be just as susceptible.

Whichever way, I'll add mine to Fluddman's good luck.

WK154:

--- Quote from: iBloke on July 11, 2014, 05:56:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on July 11, 2014, 03:27:08 AM ---For recording you can't use the iPad/DL it  needs to be out of the DL's L or R outputs onto another device. This thing can't walk and chew gum at the same time. It's either playback or record. We of course want it in playback to produce the noise.

--- End quote ---

Bugger! Sorry I can't record anything for ya then. I haven't used a cassette deck this century, and the 3 old ones I have are stuffed. Some of the little wheels don't turn in 'em anymore.

Yes I know I'm a sound engineer and maybe I "should" have some way of recording audio, but the reality is I don't go anywhere near studio recording.

And 100% of the bands I work for own at least one of those little Zoom recording devices that they either plug into the RCA outs on my A&H (that ain't gonna be possible anymore with the DL), or they just sit it somewhere in the venue and record through the built in mics.

Sorry man :(

p.s. You've been very helpful and supportive during this saga and I appreciate that. Cheers.

--- End quote ---
I'll take a Zoom recording if you would, just wanted to eliminate as much of the frequency mods (like speakers) as possible. It would still be telling. Besides what better way to let the rest of the world know what a Mackie DL sounds like  ;D. I forgot you have multiple iPads so just use VoiceRecord or some other program that will let you get at the sound file for recording. No need to borrow Zoom's. Then there are iPhones etc. recorders galore. The word your looking for is tenacity, no worries man  :).

Wynnd:
My Chinese built MixWiz that I bought new in 2008 was flawless the entire time I owned it.  It has gone on to a Colorado Springs Country band and should serve them well.  (They have a video linked here that has gotten good reviews.)  I don't know how A&H is doing things today, but back then, they had a solid product.

RoadRanger:
Just a reminder that the DL1608 is assembled in Mexico, not China.

WK154:
AFAIK the board sub-assemblies are made in China then sent to Mexico for assembly and test. Remember this is a bean counter product, max profits while you can. Part of that "big sucking sound" described by Ross Perot for those that remember.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version