Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X AIR iPad app for X18 Preview is available

<< < (7/8) > >>

Wynnd:
One older Father I knew about, had a great time with his infant daughter.  The older daughters were in college and when they were taking care of the baby, everyone assumed the child was theirs.  It helps to be secure in your job so you can take more time with the child. 

Kev tyler:
Cheer Rick, good luck mate,

Spot on wynnd, I never planned to become  a dad at 51, having an irregular income and all that

Will just have to get my head down and keep my mouth shut,

I am hoping my lad wants a career in music, who knows, the technology available will make it so easy.

Was talking to an old band mate last week, why are there so many really talented young musicians these days, we asked ourselves, he replied, sitting with a record player slowing down the speed to work out riffs and runs, trying to decipher lyrics and ultimately throwing in your own, was a drag, now the kids just google, solo , livin on a prayer, and they get a lesson and the lyrics and the chords in a flash

It's going to be an amazing future for young musicians

Sorry for the drift

Kev

Wynnd:
As long as they're not too distracted by electronics and sex.  (I'm skipping booze and drugs.  They never held any interest for me.)

Kev tyler:
The tools are there for the kids, let's hope they make the most of it,

Incredible I remember when the four track on compact cassette was only about 1000 dollars and it was big news.

Progress Eh!

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Rick Scofield on October 09, 2014, 10:17:52 PM ---I have a 20 year old daughter (from previous marriage) and I am expecting my second (new wife's first) daughter on November 14.
--- End quote ---
I have three daughters - 30, 23, and 5 <eek!>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version