Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X AIR iPad app for X18 Preview is available

<< < (8/8)

Kev tyler:
Well done lads

What's it like at xmas when you say Santa ran out of Barbie but has left you a lovely new digital reverb unit instead?

:)

mtsens1:
After downloading and noodling with the app, my thoughts are;

2. Being able to see all channels on the screen, yet ability to zoom into a smaller group
3. Ability to group and move a fader's left to right position

Dislikes:
1. PEQ and other controls using the classic knobs, w/o ability to switch to modern, as 'my fader' allows
2. No apparent way to save data, show's etc., I assume just left off the demo version

I do love the physical design though... if I can adjust trim pot's via ipad, having the mixer anywhere I want will be great. Just my 2 cents, hoping/assuming Mackie will have a 16 channel rack mount. Fingers crossed.

Kev tyler:
I have long been in the  pray for a rack mount camp, but I think having a pad bolted in to the dl16 is one of its strongest features,

I did my first live show tonight using a pad and an air turn, the pad was perched on top of an analogue desk in a slant case and was not really safe. I am worrying already about the next gig were my pad will be on stage unattended providing interval music while I am changing my suit and preparing for the next set, some distance away, ok so I play nice gigs right now, but I am heading back to the mainland  where gear has grown legs and disappeared, and considering that if had the new  berry mackie rackmount desk, I would be creating a plank of wood the same size as my old desk and installing this and some aluminum rails within it to secure my pad.

And on that though, paranoid of liverpool wishes you all sweet dreams

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version