Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS updates - When will I be left behind?

<< < (2/3) > >>

shufflebeat:
Great stuff.

...and the other half of the equation? If my new iPad receives updates and finally goes beyond what the dl1608 can recognise then that lack of MF updates is my biggest problem.

Any thoughts?

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: shufflebeat on January 29, 2018, 08:21:54 PM ---Great stuff.

...and the other half of the equation? If my new iPad receives updates and finally goes beyond what the dl1608 can recognise then that lack of MF updates is my biggest problem.

Any thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Yes, you should have automatic updates turned off!

shufflebeat:
I suspected that would be the case [sad face with a hint of fatalistic resignation].

I suppose that puts a time limit on my Mackie association then, pity. Whose idea was this constant progress anyway?

WK154:

--- Quote from: shufflebeat on January 30, 2018, 07:37:22 PM ---I suspected that would be the case [sad face with a hint of fatalistic resignation].

I suppose that puts a time limit on my Mackie association then, pity. Whose idea was this constant progress anyway?

--- End quote ---
At the top of the list is Apple whose business plan is to eliminate older models. So your option is to buy a new unit when MF no longer functions on the new iOS. Careful with updating since you can't readily go back to an older version. If other features are desired then for now you may need to think about moving on. Cable problems show up with age and other issues discussed here so it may be wise to eventually switch, Don't buy into a product that has a single source for the control such as the iPad. Treat the control surface as the primary part of the unit and other apps as secondary. Good luck with your decision.

RoadRanger:
I'm still hoping for at least one more major update for the 1608 - maybe a second reverb, additional virtual stereo aux for recording so you don't lose real ones, crossover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version