Author Topic: DL32R vs X32Rack  (Read 51964 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: DL32R vs X32Rack
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »
Hmmmmm, cough, cough, as amusing and nostalgic as the veterans of dance hall stories may be, may I suggest we get back to the topic at hand.
Any other considerations in comparison worthy of illumination, albeit still a bit speculative of course ?  :)

It’s nice to digress once in a while when the occasion calls for it. It’s also important to stay on topic, but that’s not always possible when you’re conversing with so many different people with so many diverse backgrounds and experiences.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2014, 06:15:54 PM »
Allow me, to add just some facts.
DL depth of 17.5", weight of 18lbs. Dual fans
XRack depth of 11.3", weight of 14.4lbs Fanless

Both 3 rack space height.
Both essentially specially purposed computers that are susceptible to solar gamma ray or emi corruption and potential show stopper, not much unlike any modern-era automobile we drive, smart device arse warmer we communicate on, or heart pace-maker that perhaps allows some of us to keep on doing what we do best.  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:24:43 PM by James91104 »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »
Don’t think too many of us here are ready for a pacemaker just yet. Although there are days.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
Thanks guys

:)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 01:14:31 AM »
Don’t think too many of us here are ready for a pacemaker just yet. Although there are days.  ;)

My duo partner has just had a pacemaker fitted...... He's older than me..... by about 6 months  :(

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2014, 01:21:55 AM »

My duo partner has just had a pacemaker fitted...... He's older than me..... by about 6 months  :(
[/quote]

Sam, I am very sorry to hear that, but hopefully it will help in the long run. If I've offended you, that was not my intent. I was responding to James91104. I was off put by some of the comments and responded in kind. I apologize to you.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 01:42:59 AM »

Sam, I am very sorry to hear that, but hopefully it will help in the long run. If I've offended you, that was not my intent. I was responding to James91104. I was off put by some of the comments and responded in kind. I apologize to you.

Hey, no offence taken at all, (sorry that my post caused you to think I may have been upset, it was meant as a light hearted, wry comment on the fact that I'm not one of the young guns any more), having reread my post I get why you might misunderstand my sentiment but Mike is in good shape in all ways and booking gigs well into the future.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:45:06 AM by sam.spoons »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2014, 01:58:05 AM »
Sam,

Thank you for that. I feel better. But knowing someone that close like a duo partner and friend does make one sit down and take stock. I'm glad he is well.   :thu:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:05:19 AM by Keyboard Magic »

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2014, 01:58:40 AM »
There will be computer control of the DL32r, that's what the usb b is for on the back - output 32x32 didn't Beno say?
really?

any source for this?

i'm still wondering if you could just plug an ipad right in through a sync cable into that USB port.

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2014, 02:34:26 AM »
It is my impression the only control of the DL32R is and intended to be only via iPad. The only reference to that of any computer connectivity is via the USB B connector for future 32x32 bidirectional computer DAW data recording and playback.
This in my mind continues Mackie`s DL806/1608 iPad ONLY control environment with the DL32R.
This aspect I factually state does differentiate their DL digital mixers from ANY of the other obvious manufacturers offerings. Whereas control of other digital mixer platforms may offer a number of hardware/software choices for control, the DL series apparently is rigidly tied to the Apple iOS.
In a particular example of comparison I point to the newly announced Behr..... X series which are slated for both iOS and android control applications.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 05:04:37 AM »
My Brother had a pacemaker put in, but he was fighting against it, until they told him that he would be able to start running again.  They put it in and within a month, he was exercising enough to pull the wires out and they had to attach it again.  (A second out patient surgery.)  He's starting up a lot slower this time.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2014, 04:12:56 PM »
Whereas control of other digital mixer platforms may offer a number of hardware/software choices for control, the DL series apparently is rigidly tied to the Apple iOS.

And that's why I could not purchase such a limited product, considering the irregular erroneous problems caused by apples  update policy,  crazy,

Kev :)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
Whereas control of other digital mixer platforms may offer a number of hardware/software choices for control, the DL series apparently is rigidly tied to the Apple iOS.

And that's why I could not purchase such a limited product, considering the irregular erroneous problems caused by apples  update policy,  crazy,

Kev :)
Sorry Kev, what problems are you talking about?
Nothing major springs to mind in my dealings with MF and the DL1608.
I don't find the product "limited" at all and it would seem other digi mixer manufacturers are of the same opinion, with just a few beginning to offer Android control.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:40:56 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2014, 05:29:32 PM »
Allow me, to add just some facts.
DL depth of 17.5", weight of 18lbs. Dual fans
XRack depth of 11.3", weight of 14.4lbs Fanless

Those  are deep.   I was kind of thinking that the digital age allowed these devices to be much more compact.  The DL1608 is tiny and light.   I use shallow XRacks now and am not thrilled with the idea of moving up  to a full-depth rack case to carry the X32Rack ... which the DL wouldn't even fit in.  Maybe I should be waiting for the next generation rack units ...

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2014, 04:05:29 AM »
Those  are deep.   I was kind of thinking that the digital age allowed these devices to be much more compact.  The DL1608 is tiny and light.   I use shallow XRacks now and am not thrilled with the idea of moving up  to a full-depth rack case to carry the X32Rack ... which the DL wouldn't even fit in.  Maybe I should be waiting for the next generation rack units ...
so now a full-featured 32ch live sound mixer in 3 rack spaces is too big? :lol: