Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !  (Read 74316 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »
pytchley;

Like I've mentioned here quite a few times, to many I'm sure, annoying, I have/had the same lag issues that you're experiencing on my iPad2's. I'm back to 2.X as well. Much smoother running all around. I also would like to find out if MF 3.X runs better on the 4 or original iPad Air. I did check the specs for the Air, (not 2) and it has an A7 CPU and more system memory than the iPad 2 (1GB DDR3 VS 512MB). So theoretically it has a better chance out of the gate to run MF 3.X like it should. Does it?

I like you hope there's someone here or lurking that will chime in on this one who has the Air (1) the 4 and any mini's with the same specs as the Air 1.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:45:33 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2015, 09:20:50 PM »
According to the Apple guy I talked to last week, the iPad air has the 64 bit processor which is much faster for graphics and the A7 chip is superior to the old iPads and minis.  Don't really know the difference from the A7 to the A8 chip that is in the iPad air 2.

I would be interested to see how folks with the iPad original are doing, been watching for replies to the post asking for input from users of different iPads.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
I have to say that it seems odd that MF3 may be more processor hungry than MF2, all the heavy duty stuff goes on inside the DL. The berry app works fine on my iPad 2 and 3 and it has far more going on than MF3 so it can be done. The A&H apps are also slick and effectively lag-less, even the iLive one which has double what the X32 has and four times the capability of the DL1608.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2015, 11:57:30 PM »
I have to say that it seems odd that MF3 may be more processor hungry than MF2, all the heavy duty stuff goes on inside the DL. The berry app works fine on my iPad 2 and 3 and it has far more going on than MF3 so it can be done. The A&H apps are also slick and effectively lag-less, even the iLive one which has double what the X32 has and four times the capability of the DL1608.

I mentioned the exact same thing pretty much on page 8 of this post. It's weird for sure, if the "other apps" have no issues on the older iPad 2 and 3. But MF 3.X seems to tax the resources, either the DL or the iPad or both. I have a slight feeling that we're all going around in circles, speculating on this. The only one(s) that can theoretically answer this is BenO and Mackie.

And it appears that even though they say they recognize there’s a problem and they are working on a fix in the next update of MF 3.X they are being quite silent on the reason for the issues. I’m sure this is either to cover their behinds or they don’t really and truly know why MF 3.X as they stated really requires a faster iPad CPU and more system memory to run as it should.

Too bad the hardware side of the DL806/1608 couldn’t benefit from a “Ready Boost” feature like Windows. Just plug in a reasonably large SD Card, say 16GB and voila, the DL now runs like lightning. Never going to happen though. Just wishful thinking on my part.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2015, 12:49:24 AM »
I'll throw my 2 cents in.  8)

I'm using the iPad Air 2 (64Gb) with MT 3.0.1, and have no problem with lag. The response is perfect. So far, I've no issues with it.
Mackie Junkie

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2015, 07:12:39 AM »
Yesterday did an other gig
Using an ipad2 didnt notice any lag anymore, dont know what i did different .
So also ipad2 with no or very low lag

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »
Yesterday did an other gig
Using an ipad2 didnt notice any lag anymore, dont know what i did different .
So also ipad2 with no or very low lag

That's encouraging!  :thu:

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »
Curiously as to what you may have changed since many others who th iPad 2 have the problem. Myself included.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »
ios just had an update to 8.1.3     Might be the answer?  (Will look at my ipads and see if the lag has vanished.)  Just checked my ipads.  The mini is updated and no change for me, but remember that either I'm not experiencing as much lag or I'm just not bothered by the slight lag there is.  My ipad 2 is updating right now.  Will let you know if anything changes.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2015, 03:36:01 PM »
Let us know what you find
I have a show tonight so I sure won't mess with anything today !

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
I didnt update to8.1.3 yet
But in the past i had already lots of lag ,next time almost no lag, then again lag again and so on
Must be some thing in the setting that i changed but dont know what
Or on the othr hand can be the mackie ghost playing arround, lol

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »
I didnt update to8.1.3 yet
But in the past i had already lots of lag ,next time almost no lag, then again lag again and so on
Must be some thing in the setting that i changed but dont know what
Or on the othr hand can be the mackie ghost playing arround, lol

"Ghosts in the Machine?" shades of iRobot.  ;)

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
It's the new Apple secret spyware designed to make us all go buy new iPad airs

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
I think they all work faster if you don’t look at them!  :facepalm: Just going to have to learn to mix without looking at the screen. They hear your thoughts too.  :eek:

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:17 PM »
Just a reminder to always "force close" all apps and then reboot right before a gig. There's a FAQ about all that and more here someplace ;) ...