Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

anyone recording multitrack with DL32R ?

<< < (2/7) > >>

chrishooksbass:
fantastic info!
have you used it live with Digital Performer?
i'm curious about latency, as well as how well the iPad operates while using a daw .
i'm using logic pro x (live) to run lights,effect changes and sequences and would like to incorporate better effects by using plugins routed through the DL32R, the dante card should offer enhanced performance but ii wonder if the usb would offer suitable results.
i like the direct to usb recording feature, but with the new midas DL32 and M32C bring a fair amount to the table for a small amount more.
i really appreciate your depth of explanation.
Thank You,

dpdan:
Hi Chris,
the USB port on the DL32R will route audio from all 32 input channels live right into Logic,
it is in Logic where you would set up tracks to process various channels to (for instance) Altiverb or any other plug-in,
and then return those reverb outputs back into some channels on the DL32R.

The latency will be determined by the buffer setting in Logic, so, if you are using this for the purpose of reverb,
it would not be a big deal at all since we almost always want some pre-delay in the reverb anyway. 

One thing to remember though, as you raise and lower the vocal channel in Master Fader, the reverb level will not change,
because the USB output of the DL32R is pre-fader and mute. In the Master Fader routing screen, the USB output can be set to pre or post DSP. (EQ, compressiom and gating)

dpdan:
pti,
first,, welcome to this forum!

thanks very much for your post, I did not see it until just now.
I did not know garageband handled multichannel wave files.
I am going to try that right now.
Then I could perhaps import the wav files into DP.

I did exactly what you did ,, zooming in and stitching the tracks together, not a big deal really, but it sure would be nice if
they were all sitting one right behind the next.

thanks,   

dpdan:
just tried GarageBand and I dragged just one of the multichannel wave files into it and BAMB! it did it's thing,,,,
unfortunatley it converted all the imported 48 Khz. tracks to 44.1 and I want them to stay at 48 because I need the tracks to play nice in Final Cut Pro X.

pti, I thought you were on to something.. :(
BUMMER!

I am doing another test now to see if GarageBand stitches the files together.

pti:

--- Quote from: dpdan on February 11, 2015, 08:21:48 PM ---just tried GarageBand and I dragged just one of the multichannel wave files into it and BAMB! it did it's thing,,,,
unfortunatley it converted all the imported 48 Khz.tracks to 44.1 and I want them to stay at 48 because I need the tracks to play nice in Final Cut Pro X.

pti, I thought you were on to something.. :(
BUMMER!

I am doing another test now to see if GarageBand stitches the files together.

--- End quote ---

Ah, yes. Garageband does seem to be limited to 44.1kHz. I only used it with the DL32R once to provide a band who opened for us a multitrack of their show since they didn't have Logic. I've done everything else in Logic.

Logic Pro X does the splitting of the multitrack WAV like Garageband -and- will allow you to keep everything at 48 kHz if you have the project set to that sample rate. (It will also ask you on import if you want to change the sample rate to 48 kHz if it isn't there already.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version