Author Topic: Using Driverack PA+ With DL32R?  (Read 1836 times)

c172essna

• Youngling
Using Driverack PA+ With DL32R?
« on: February 21, 2016, 01:48:27 PM »
I've searched through past posts, but haven't been able to clarify the following. I'm on a steep learning curve here and my inexperience will be obvious, but here goes...

My band has been using a Driverack PA+ for several years. This has served as our mains/sub crossover. Is an external crossover necessary with the DL32R or is there a way of setting crossover within the 32R and MasterFader?

Using an RTA mic and the white noise generator in the Driverack with our mains/subs system (outdoors) , we created a "flat EQ" Driverack preset. This preset has served as a good starting point in venues that we've played. Feedback monitoring in the Driverack has been a useful feature in the past as well. If we use the Driverack (and mentioned preset) and the 32R together, how would EQ adjustment on in Master Fader be affected?

Perhaps an overarching question is - do benefits justify integrating the Driverack with our new 32R?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:24:28 PM by c172essna »

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Using Driverack PA+ With DL32R?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 09:29:48 PM »
I have the DL1608 and an older DriveRack PA and 2 PXs.  While it's possible to do without the DriveRacks, they work just fine with the Dl mixer and I won't be getting rid of mine.   Use them together as it sounds like you're group is already comfortable with the DriveRack unit.  (That is usually the only serious issue.  There is a very steep learning curve with the DriveRack and that is more likely to be a problem if you don't know about it's limitations.)