Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 8

<< < (26/34) > >>

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 09, 2014, 06:29:24 PM ---It's now been a month since the Gold Master was released by Apple and BenO's statement that they are working on checking to see if all is OK. REALLY how long will it take to give the all clear. This just shows the irresponsible attitude that Mackie has regarding it's customers. Why would you depend on this kind of service for your own business? I don't plan to give Mackie another dime.

--- End quote ---
Maybe no news is good news. They've checked it and nothing critical is wrong, hence no announcement.
If it was frying everything around it, I'd be annoyed if they said nothing. Did they issue "all clear" messages on other iOS updates? Genuinely I don't know, I didn't see any but then I wasn't looking. Aren't iOS updates rather routine now?

WK154:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on October 09, 2014, 06:58:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on October 09, 2014, 06:29:24 PM ---It's now been a month since the Gold Master was released by Apple and BenO's statement that they are working on checking to see if all is OK. REALLY how long will it take to give the all clear. This just shows the irresponsible attitude that Mackie has regarding it's customers. Why would you depend on this kind of service for your own business? I don't plan to give Mackie another dime.

--- End quote ---
Maybe no news is good news. They've checked it and nothing critical is wrong, hence no announcement.
If it was frying everything around it, I'd be annoyed if they said nothing. Did they issue "all clear" messages on other iOS updates? Genuinely I don't know, I didn't see any but then I wasn't looking. Aren't iOS updates rather routine now?

--- End quote ---
Well from a responsible manufacturer like Studio 6 Digital I already know that changes were made to iOS 8 audio that would also require Mackie to fix as well. Unlike Studio 6, Mackie has chosen to ignore this with the OCT. 15 event as an excuse. Their Facebook inquiries regarding status with iOS 8 are simply being ignored. You can deal with a manufacturer like that but I wont. BenO stated that Mackie would give the all clear once they checked it. Can't believe it's taking  this long or not to even say that they found some issues and not to upgrade like Studio 6 did.

Wynnd:
I'm pretty sure there's a lag between changing one ipad and it changing on a different ipad, but whatever it is, it's got to be pretty short, cause I can't see it.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on October 09, 2014, 10:05:56 PM ---I'm pretty sure there's a lag between changing one ipad and it changing on a different ipad, but whatever it is, it's got to be pretty short, cause I can't see it.

--- End quote ---
What I'm wondering is if esquare is seeing a significant lag that corresponds with the lag he(?) is experiencing to the mixer itself. That might indicate some kind of wireless network issue.

The suggestion to force-quit everything before starting up the session is a good one -- maybe even a full power-down/power-up of the iPads -- as it ensures no vestigial bits of apps are trying to run and messing with timing.

Alex H:
Wonder if anyone can help

Just upgraded my iPad to 8.0.2 and have noticed that when using my 1608 wirelessly, I am getting a disconnect every three or four minutes, followed by a reconnect and then a sync.

The iPad is doesn't appear to be losing its signal from the router.

Anyone any ideas please?

Tks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version