Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 8

<< < (27/34) > >>

RoadRanger:
Try "force closing" all the other apps on your iPad, stuff running in the background can cause issues...

Alex H:
Thanks for the suggestion RR.  The iPad is dedicated to the task - its used for mixing the sound at our Church.   Master Faser is the only downloaded app installed, other than those installed by OS.  I did check this and as far as I could see the only other app running was Music, which I did force close.  However, the same situation still occurring.

I am using an Airport Express as a router, and I see that I have a yellow blinking light, which I assume is correct as I am not connected externally to Internet - is this assumption correct?

Thanks

gerenm63:
I'm running iOS 8.0.2 on my iPad Mini. Did a show with it and my new DL last night, and it was flawless, as was my iPhone 5 (also running 8.0.2). I used all the "toys." At various points in the evening, both devices we docked to the DL. My DL is a 30-pin model, and I used the Apple 30-pin-to-Lightning adapter cable. When connected, both devices charged and appeared to connect over the cable (I got the usual pop-up when connecting/disconnecting the devices). Everything ran perfectly all night long - no comm drops, to noise bursts. My router is a Netgear N600 dual-band, and both the phone and iPad were the using 5GHz connection.

gerenm63:
Oops, typo on the phone ... Should be NO noise bursts...

dpdan:
Alex,
you SHOULD NOT have a blinking yellow light on the Airport Express, if you do this explains your dropouts.
The router's light should be solid green once it has been on a few minutes.

It is best practice to turn on the router first, then once the L.E.D. is solid green, turn on the DL1608's power and iPad too. 
On your i-Pad, install Airport Utility from the App store. Use it to properly set up the Airport Express,.... read instructions on how to set it up.

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version