Author Topic: Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation  (Read 127007 times)

Tnelson494

• Padawan
Re: Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2013, 03:02:53 PM »

Not sure if every one else got it but on Tuesday got an update in my email on one of the Items I voted for in the Mackie Features request ... STEREO aux busses for in ear monitors, group pairs and behave like Master bus---Status Started so apparently they are looking at Stereo Aux outs for the update possibly 

Tnelson494

• Padawan
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
Looks like they are working on "Option to split IPAD playback to two separate channels " Status - Started

Still not sure what they hoped to accomplish with that voting thingy they did..... that one had 31 votes and was on page 3 of the requests for updates where as the whole first page has 3 things they are working on (well actually 2 as stereo channel - linking 2 mono channels to make one stereo- and channel grouping/linking are the same ) all of which had several hundreds of votes and seem pretty easy to implement (I mean Custom label Aux Channels, have a master mute for effects on main page, add a break switch )

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
Why would you split iPad playback into two mono channels?   

I can't think of a use case for this, unless ... is there an iPad sound cue playback app that has the ability to output two mono channels?

Tnelson494

• Padawan
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2013, 04:59:03 PM »
This is the explanation for the request  :   "Many bands use backing tracks with clicktrack on stage. The most common way to do this is by having a track with a mono mix of the backing track panned left and the click panned right. Those two linked mono tracks have to be routed to FOH and monitor auxes independently which requires two seperate channels. While this is easily possible with "hardware" mixers, you would have to sacrifice 2 auxes and 2 inputs of the DL1608 to loop the iPad playback back to separate hardware channels. "

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
Okay I wasn't aware of these "backing tracks" ... sounds like a nifty feature for the DL for small bands who commonly do this ... (but for the rest of us, probably no use at all).

When you say "easily possible with hardware mixers" ... you still have to use two mono input channels and not a stereo input, correct?  So there's really no difference between DL and hardware mixers other than using the iPad playback channel to save two of your precious inputs.

Tnelson494

• Padawan
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »
Yes I would imagine so to be straight this is not something I voted for or have any feedback into it's just one of the things on Mackie's "wish list" site that they had all of us who joined their now defunct forum vote on or suggest. personally not something I would probably use but just wanted to keep everyone in the loop on things that they are claiming they are working on

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »
V1.5 declared dead per Facebook by Mackie it will now be called V2.0. NAMM 2014? RR  rename V1.5 to V2.0 thread.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:53:47 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
Mackie now lists pre/post fader DSP as "started".....#MF2.
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »
Looks like the ball is starting to roll .... now let's hope some of those get changed to "finished" someone soon ...!  ;)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »
Ooo, exciting! :-) It might be a long wait, but it looks like we might get a few things we didn't ask for.

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2013, 08:32:57 PM »
Remove comp, pre or post AUX settings......there is hope......now the question is,  when!!

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2013, 08:36:59 PM »
Interesting that the mock up shows the pre/post DSP selection at the aux master level instead of at the channel level.  We should be able to make this choice on a channel by channel basis.  Maybe they will surprise me, but looks like they are on the way to doing it halfway right.
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2013, 09:52:42 PM »
Yup another cheap or misguided way out. They desperately need a Systems architect that knows the business.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:54:15 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2013, 10:14:02 PM »
^Yep :( . I'm also hoping they understand that a digital mixer typically uses a width control on the stereo linked inputs instead of a balance control.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:18:35 PM by RoadRanger »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
The Pic from above already changed on Facebook to eliminate the context it was in. Too bad they aren't as quick to fix problems and add features.
When in doubt KISS