Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

which Ipad?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on June 22, 2015, 12:57:53 AM ---I have the best results with the air 2. I keep a ipad3 attached to the 1608 and the air 2 as a remote.
I do think the air2 soaks up battery life much faster than the other ipads.
I really have not noticed any significant lag since the last upgrade.

--- End quote ---

I agree about the battery drain. I have the Air 2 and the iPad 2 sitting side by side. The Air 2 is running MF 3.X and the iPad 2 is playing music. In a 2 hour gig I am plugging in the backup power pack to the Air 2. Never have to worry about the old iPad dying. They are both on iOS 8.3. Let's hope iOS 9 makes a difference.

Michael Welter:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can go 4 or 5 hours on my Air 2 before I feel the need to plug it in.

Rdmitch:
Maybe your doing something right !!

I turn off all apps, music, turn down the brightness and still after about 2 hrs I'm down to 60%
That gets me nervous so I plug in the remote power source and run the rest of the night with that in my pocket.

Michael Welter:
Well, I guess if you put it that way, my experience is the same as yours. But I don't get nervous about the battery until it reaches 30%.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on June 22, 2015, 07:58:25 PM ---Maybe your doing something right !!

I turn off all apps, music, turn down the brightness and still after about 2 hrs I'm down to 60%
That gets me nervous so I plug in the remote power source and run the rest of the night with that in my pocket.

--- End quote ---

That's pretty much the same scenario for myself. I get twitchy when the "fuel gauge" gets that point or even a bit lower. It could probably go a lot longer I guess, without worrying. But... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version