Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Phantom Power Issue

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wynnd:
Take lots of photos while taking it apart.  There are already some on this website somewhere.  And make sure you have access to a backup mixer just in case things don't go well. 

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on May 02, 2015, 05:37:13 AM ---Phantom power is global on the DL - so when it's on, it's on for all channels.
--- End quote ---
Not on my DL32R. It's set through Master Fader for each channel individually. So, when you say DL, can you be more specific?

Wynnd:
That is a serious reason to consider the DL32r over the DL1608 if you don't need all that many channels.  I'm betting that can't be done with the 1608 without some kind of redesign.  I would have preferred that phantom power only be available on 1/4 to 1/2 of the channels. 

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on May 02, 2015, 06:16:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: Fluddman on May 02, 2015, 05:37:13 AM ---Phantom power is global on the DL - so when it's on, it's on for all channels.
--- End quote ---
Not on my DL32R. It's set through Master Fader for each channel individually. So, when you say DL, can you be more specific?

--- End quote ---

Sorry Michael, mine is a 1608. Wish i had the 32R though.

CHeers

WK154:
Most likely the DC blocking cap leaking which means replacement. Check the 48V on pin 2 and 3 just in case, pin 1 is ground. Unlikely that the resistors failed but just in case. I don't know if you are a DIY guy so all this may be for someone else. I don't know of anywhere that the analog section of the DL has been photoed so if you take it apart snap some pics please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version