Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My First Big Show with the DL32R

<< < (3/5) > >>

Wynnd:
I'm not afraid of running my DL1608 for my typical crowds, but 9000 might get me spooked.  Largest I've ever done was 5000 and even that feels like a lot of people.

Michael Welter:
It's not my biggest gig, but it is my biggest venue. I have another gig in September at the same arena. But that event also uses 4 or 5 breakout rooms, each seating 1000 to 2000 people. I provide the sound for all of them. But in the breakout rooms, I just put a small 8-12 channel analog mixer on the stage. The main show is in the arena. That event runs for 3 full days. This one in May is 1 full day.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on March 24, 2015, 04:20:33 PM ---I'm not afraid of running my DL1608 for my typical crowds, but 9000 might get me spooked.  Largest I've ever done was 5000 and even that feels like a lot of people.

--- End quote ---
Whoa also to you Wynnd, that is quite a crowd for the mighty mini DL1608!!

Wynnd:
That was when my best mixer was a CFX-12 and general PA through my 1965 Kustom PA speakers that I ran bi-amped.  There was a flatbed for a stage that lifted the Kustoms above the crowd.  the kustoms had Altec lansing 15"s and I had upgraded the horn drivers, so about 350 watts to the lows and 150 watts to the highs.  Outdoors in an open field.  Was a little marginal in the back of the crowd.  One warning, when the first nations say they're bringing a crowd, they really bring a crowd!!   Very interesting speeches.

Keyboard Magic:
And I thought that running sound for a gym full of noisy parents was a challenge. I am in awe of all of you who run shows with anywhere from 200 up to 1000 or more people. WOW.  :thu: :thu:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version