Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Soundcraft Ui-12 and Ui-16 Original DL Platform Contenders?

<< < (3/16) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
We can only surmise at this point in time that Mackie hopefully is playing catch up to the other products out there. Maybe they’re already taking design hints from all the current contenders available now? Who knows?

But I really don’t think or hope that they are sitting on their laurels by letting the competition corner the market share in new rack/box type small format digital mixers.They would literally be shooting themselves in their collective foot (feet) by ignoring this fact. Fingers crossed.

And to dispel any rumors to the contrary, I am not Mackie’s new QC Department.  ;)

WK154:
KM I thought you started out in the QC dept. and even rejected the first DL that came across your desk. ;) RR it must have been that sync problem again the mute was hit but it wasn't listening.  >:D Poor BenO under attack again. ;D 
KM don't worry none of these mfgr's learn from each others mistakes. Take Be... X-Air with the WiFi antique radio (b/g) and a 10/100 Ethernet chip. Those pennies must add up. :) Soundcraft thinking it can survive out there also with a WiFi antique and no wired fallback, that's a show stopper. Correction they have hidden away the wired connection and a few other surprises previously undocumented. Clearly a contender. They do have the cross platform problem solved (HTML).  QSC almost had it right but started out with a software problem in WiFi. They at least can replace the WiFi dongle with newer tech or have a USB fallback with the right software. They do have a wired solution in place. So in the under $1200 market the only reliable choice IMO seems to be the X32 rack till the rest get the kinks worked out.

robbocurry:
Not sure what price it is USD, but don't forget the absolutely wonderful, fantastic sounding, reliable, front panel controllable, expandable, multichannel USB recordable, solidly built, beautifully designed and manufactured A&H Qu-Pac WK ;)

WK154:
A tad above the $1200 at Sweetwater at $1499. Now in stock.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: WK154 on May 15, 2015, 07:22:24 AM ---A tad above the $1200 at Sweetwater at $1499. Now in stock.

--- End quote ---
😉👍🏼

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version