Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Soundcraft Ui-12 and Ui-16 Original DL Platform Contenders?

<< < (2/16) > >>

ijpengelly:
The HDMI out for a monitor is quite cool, even better if it allowed touchscreen capabilities.

It is a bit utilitarian and only 12 inputs on the upper model. I think I did try the software app for this and there were some good features. The colour scheme and effects inserts seem to be pretty decent.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: ijpengelly on May 14, 2015, 05:36:05 AM ---The HDMI out for a monitor is quite cool, even better if it allowed touchscreen capabilities.

It is a bit utilitarian and only 12 inputs on the upper model. I think I did try the software app for this and there were some good features. The colour scheme and effects inserts seem to be pretty decent.

--- End quote ---

I was trying the demo app on my touchscreen laptop and it's pretty decent, although I am still spoiled for Master Fader.  ;) Come on Mackie, for a 2U rack version to compete with all the other ones out there.  :) DL24R anyone?

James91104:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 14, 2015, 01:26:42 AM ---First company that packs a DL1608 (or better) into a 2U shallow rack gets my $$$. This is a 4U with only four monitor feeds - not even close :( .

--- End quote ---
So fugly ucker aside, any offering from first one out to market with 16 non-recall pre`s, 2 lacking FX, and 1 control platform are OK, just so long as the form factor fits 19" wide?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: James91104 on May 14, 2015, 03:28:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 14, 2015, 01:26:42 AM ---First company that packs a DL1608 (or better) into a 2U shallow rack gets my $$$. This is a 4U with only four monitor feeds - not even close :( .

--- End quote ---
So fugly ucker aside, any offering from first one out to market with 16 non-recall pre`s, 2 lacking FX, and 1 control platform are OK, just so long as the form factor fits 19" wide?

--- End quote ---
It's assumed recallable/remoteable pre's will be required to fit the 2U space. IPad only is fine with me. A second carpy 'verb would do me fine :) . I'm hoping whoever is blocking that in the DL1608 (probably upper level Marketing) soon chokes on their own BS >:D .

James91104:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 14, 2015, 07:21:53 PM --- I'm hoping whoever is blocking that in the DL1608 (probably upper level Marketing) soon chokes on their own BS >:D .

--- End quote ---
Oh Oh, did we inadvertently disengage the mute button? :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version