Unofficial Mackie User Forums > Speakers

Powered Speaker Help

<< < (2/3) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Hey WK,

Thank you for all the information!  :thu: :thu: This time around it's all my budget. I use the stuff for the school, but this is my personal gear.

As luck would have it, I called Long & McQuade, and they can get the Yorkville Elite E10 powered cabs in brand new within a couple of days. I will get a good deal on a trade of my current Yorkies. I have a couple more gigs to do with the school, then I can do some wheeling and dealing.

With these speakers, for general use like vocals and speeches they cut through all the background noise of 100-200 people without breaking a sweat with a frequency range from 65K-20000 KHz. For dances I will certainly use a good subwoofer. At least I still get to use the DL from the school. These cabs are light at 34 lbs. each. Easy to lift on and off stand by myself. Phew!

Thanks to you and RoadRanger for all of your great input in my powered speaker quest!  8)

WK154:
OK KM so you're doing sound for Aliens  :D  65,000 Hz to 20,000,000 Hz ? That weight sure beats 60 lbs. for your current gear.
For a price reference
http://www.directproaudio.com/loudspeakers/active-speakers-at-direct-pro-audio/10-active-self-powered-speakers/yorkville-e10p-10-two-way-350-watt-active-speaker/?gclid=Cj0KEQjws_m6BRCv37WbtNmJs-IBEiQAWKKt0GdqXFaofuC2Mu8iGGwJPJsIcjGiXCM7f1YZn67Au3oaAr-08P8HAQ

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on June 13, 2016, 10:37:34 PM ---OK KM so you're doing sound for Aliens  :D  65,000 Hz to 20,000,000 Hz ? That weight sure beats 60 lbs. for your current gear.

--- End quote ---

That was 20, 000 KHz. (20000 twenty and 3 more zeroes ) I did have the right amount of zeroes.  ;) Truth be known they do act like aliens at most of the school concerts just the same. :lol:

WK154:
K stands for 1000 not KM. :) One of those senior moments.
Working on my retirement fund that way but it doesn't seem to work, any hints.

Keyboard Magic:
Okay, 20K?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version