Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (43/46) > >>

Rdmitch:
It's a tough life.

When I try to use the drive rack or ring out the system the people in the club just totally freak out.
Even when I warn them it's coming and it will only take a few moments of time.

It really is rare I have any feedback issues, all IEMs on stage and I use the same 6-8 presets regularly. Big problem is a new room or when I'm trying to clean up vocals.  As singers voices get tired, they sometimes don't project enough and I'm riding the faders a bit to compensate..... Or,  I'm bored and just playing around with effects and eq.

Funny thing is I have actually fallen asleep while mixing in the wee hours of the night.  Tip, when your real tired keep your fingers OFF the faders.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on November 10, 2015, 11:30:33 PM ---Funny thing is I have actually fallen asleep while mixing in the wee hours of the night.  Tip, when your real tired keep your fingers OFF the faders.

--- End quote ---

I've had that happen, too. My assistant told me that I fell asleep standing up (which I knew), but that I kept right on mixing, including song-specific effects. That only happened once, and I never let it happen again.

Wynnd:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on November 10, 2015, 09:26:50 PM ---Neither works well unless you can identify the offending frequency.
That's where my biggest problem is, it sometimes takes a while for me to find
the problem since it can be on any of many different channels

--- End quote ---

I've got an app on my iphone called HZ Detector.  It will identify the exact frequency.  There is probably an Android version or similar app.

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 15, 2015, 05:42:12 AM ---I've got an app on my iphone called HZ Detector.  It will identify the exact frequency.  There is probably an Android version or similar app.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the tip. I just checked, and it's only available for iPhone.

Weogo:
Hi Michael,

I too have Hz.

Since I have an Iphone, I was able to install the app.
Then load it to Itunes, and from there load it to the Ipads.

Mostly I use the StudioSixDigital apps.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version