Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Tango iOS app Remote control of pads and phones via wi fi

<< < (3/4) > >>

tmn126:
Hi Kev,

I use Tango quite often for our bands break music and have also used it to do intro music at a couple weddings and some other events.  Cross my fingers, I have yet to have any "akward" moments using tango (knock on wood)  :)  I did howevery run into a little connectivity issue once when the player and remote were at different update levels, since then I make sure I update them all at the same time. 

It also makes it really easy to update your playlist on the go without messing it up, and its nice that it will link up on bluetooth or wifi.

Cheers,

Kev tyler:
Hi guys

I have tried most of the apps for live playback of backing tracks and the all important auto pause, I am happy with the two I have,

I think the issue here, regardless of the flavour of app we all prefer, is this,

If I purchase a dl mixer and dock my pad with my playback app of choice up front, with master fader in the background, does the airturn still work, does my fader on a phone stay connected while master fader is in the background.

I think having control of the levels via a phone will be less problematic that switching between the mackie and playback app?

Cheers

Kev

sam.spoons:
That should work fine, I use My Lyric Book with Airturn while using another iDevice to control the desk, usually another iPad but I'm sure I've used the iPhone at the same time. I'll set it up and try it later and post if it doesn't work.

sam.spoons:
Just tried it with the iPad docked (WiFi off) My Lyric Book in foreground and responding to Airturn. MyFader controls the DL fine.

BTW, I always understood that an iPod running MasterFader had to be connected to the DL for MyFader to work but I've just tried it with all other iDevices switched off and it works stand-alone, just fine (obviously you only have limited control but better than nothing should the iPad go TTU).

Kev tyler:
Thanks So much for your time  Chas, really appreciate that, I have put some gear up for sale, might shock you all with a purchase soon lol.

I wish there was an app bit of kit designed  to bring some punters in, it's dead here, how's your gigs goin?

Cheers

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version