Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Tango iOS app Remote control of pads and phones via wi fi

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kev tyler:
Hi Sam

It looks like like a complicated app but good app, what was your problem with it,

I bought it because it had midi and thought it would work well with my new berry x18 :lol: and have sidelined it, also I

Didn't fancy bolting that ik midi thing to my pad, I think there is huge scope for the hardware companies to create an app to suit their mixers.

I like a simple life, why can't I get in to I tunes or similar  and create a playlist and then similar to the way you drop in a lyric file  or the id3 tag?

Do this For example

Robbie Williams- Angels- Scene one- scene two

Gene Vincent - Be bop A Lu la- scene three - scene two

Port the list to your pad and then for the sake of simplicity , dock it via a normal cable .

Meaning you sing angels with a lush reverb, song ends and mixer jumps to scene two , dry vocals

Then you Sing be bop a lu la, slap back echo, then it jumps to to dry vocals at the end.

For more complex situations buy a Mac and pro tools get a degree,

I think my request is no big deal

Kev

Harpman:
Try Louder Logic. I use channels 15/16 linked to a minijack on my Airport Express and use airplay from my remote device. It has nice crossover controls so I don't ever get that gap. I have Tango as well, but IMHO, Louder Logic is much easier to navigate.

Kev tyler:
Thanks so much

Will have a google

Cheers

Edit, thanks but i am happy with my apps,,

When you say you don't get a gap, do you mean the gap is being absorbed by the cross fade? I am using a playback app for backing  tracks and presume there is no way around that dreaded gap on AirPlay?

Thanks

Kev

Keyboard Magic:
Kev

Just doing some searching for playback apps like you were looking for and came across this one in the App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/play-on-cue/id323796203?mt=8

I haven't done much research on it but it may be worth a look see?

And Harpman... I use Louder Logic (paid version) for walk in/out music with AirPlay and I think it's great on my iPod Touch or iPad.  :thu:

Wynnd:
Was just looking at the what is on your ipad thread.  I added to that back in February.  Probably time to do an update.  I for one found FX Live to be very useful in my Senior's variety show and the subsequent show I did last summer.  Previously, I wasn't sure it would be good.  We've all had time to consider the pros and cons of extra software on our ipads that is useful in conjunction with using our mixers.  (Though I didn't use the DL for the first Senior's show, I did use it for the last one and will probably be using it for the next one.)  I do find myself using one ipad for mixing and the other for additional functions.  OnSong while gigging.  FX Live for sound effects, recordings and notes (Mic assignments, Scene changes....)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version