Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Beware of Placing Wireless Mic Receivers Near Apple Router

<< < (3/8) > >>

Wynnd:
I'm getting inclined to put all the receivers in a separate box from my mixing stack.  With modular snake, you can have both ends connected up and only have to do one connection for every set of 8.  (I only own 3 wireless receivers.)  It would provide more isolation for the receivers from the WiFi.  Haven't done it yet, but it's on my mind.

Fluddman:
Sounds like I was very lucky. I needed two wireless mics to meet the requirements of a new client and was looking at both the SLX24 (UHF) and the GLXD (2.4GHz).

I was really tempted to go with the Shure Digital because of the clever battery charging function. Lucky one of my mates warned me off the digital.

Cheers

Wynnd:
I've got one of the Shure digital headset mic and fanny pack.  It's always worked perfectly.  What have you heard that's different?

Wynnd:
I never looked to see what the digital's operating frequency is.  I've also never had any interference from it.  My Shure receiver is mounted just below the mixer and my airport express is mounted to the rackmount Mackie plate.  Guess I'll check the frequency later today.

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on July 06, 2015, 06:47:41 AM ---I've got one of the Shure digital headset mic and fanny pack.  It's always worked perfectly.  What have you heard that's different?

--- End quote ---

My mate suggested that the UHF microphones would work better when there wasn't a good line of sight. It was nothing to do with interferrence with or from a wireless router.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version