General Forums > DIY

getting oil stains offa concrete floor

<< < (3/3)

Keyguy:
Griot's Garage makes something called, strangely enough, "Concrete Cleaner". It's expensive, but it works. (removing hydraulic fluid from my driveway).

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/in+your+garage/garage+clean+up/concrete+cleaner.do

audiopile:
Update:

I've pulled the trigger on doing a top-coat make-over on the shop floors... some kind of epoxy, silicon, ploy something or another... The pictures in the brochure make it look simple with fabulous results.

I'll post pictures of the actual outcome when it's... well... "done"... or "done enough as far as I'm concerned".

RoadRanger:
Sounds nice. Do you get taxed on any improvements such as that to your buildings like we do here? Folks leave their paint pealing to keep down the taxes. I remember one town where nobody had front steps because that changed the tax bracket your house was in :facepalm:.

Y'all won't believe this shit but in Massachusetts (and a few other states) besides the interest you might have to pay on any money borrowed to pay for your inventory you have to pay taxes on the average value of that inventory in stock over the year. You'd be taxed to death out this way :facepalm:.

audiopile:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 09, 2012, 02:01:08 AM ---Sounds nice. Do you get taxed on any improvements such as that to your buildings like we do here? Folks leave their paint pealing to keep down the taxes. I remember one town where nobody had front steps because that changed the tax bracket your house was in :facepalm:.

--- End quote ---

Well... it is common in this area to leave the front of a new house "unfinished"... tar paper or tyvek basically indefinately, with the finish sheeting tucked away in the rafters of the garage until a month or two before putting the house up for sale... because an unfinished house is taxed at a considerably lower rate than a finished house.

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 09, 2012, 02:01:08 AM ---Y'all won't believe this shit but in Massachusetts (and a few other states) besides the interest you might have to pay on any money borrowed to pay for your inventory you have to pay taxes on the average value of that inventory in stock over the year. You'd be taxed to death out this way :facepalm:.

--- End quote ---
There are reasons why I've located my business where I have.  One reason is the lack of inventory tax.  Another reason is the price for commercial real estate:  I can buy and build here for what amounts to a few months rent inna industrial park in a more central mainstream metro area.  Admittedly, my price to ship to customers is seemingly oftentimes a little higher from where I'm located, but I believe my passed on lower operating costs in the selling price of my products, and level of quality that I can offer at my selling price is hopefully attractive in an over-all picture sort of way.  The down side is that order out pizza (or anything for that matter) is a moot point, and the night life here is... well... watching the sun set and the stars come out and listening to the frogs or crickets chirp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version