Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Wireless microphone drama

<< < (3/8) > >>

Scott Waldy:
What frequency is the SLX running on? I realize it's in the UHF band. I'm curious as to it's transmitting freq, being close to the Ipad's recieving and it overloading it?

Edit:
OOPS... Missed the part of your getting it set up at home and it working. Sorry

WK154:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on January 19, 2015, 09:31:49 PM ---My real concern is for the future as I am considering a DL32R.

As with Wynn I also keep a docked iPad in the DL1608 but that's not possible with the DL32R and either is going for the trim pots. So if it were to happen with the DL32R it would be a a real show stopper!

If its a cell problem I don't understand why the UHF microphone set it off.

Cheers to all

--- End quote ---
In the US what used to be TV and Mic frequencies are now cell phone territory.  Soon 500mHz to 600Mhz will be the only remaining frequency  band. I don't know the situation in Aussie land, probably similar. :o Smog and cloud layers can also ruin your day. I did some work with Shure on their Wireless Workbench V5.0 and an outfit in Melbourne a while back on an analyzer. Don't recommend them. Signal Hound is my current unit. The FCC may have to wake up and set aside a band just for Wireless Audio like EU.

Fluddman:
I tried again today and couldn't get it to play up - bugger!

I guess when (if) it happens again I'll just switch to another iPad straight away.

If its somehow related to the cellular network I guess rebooting the iPad somehow fixes the problem. I know every now again I need to reboot my iPhone because its loses its cell connection.

I'll keep cellular turned off at gigs.

Cheers

Fluddman:
More problems at a gig yesterday, though not as severe as the previous week.

Everything is working ok until I start to sound check the wireless mic. Talking in to the mic while holding the iPad causes MF to freeze, moving away from the microphone makes it returns to normal.

I had cellular turned off on the iPad and (by accident) I had the wireless receiver for the microphone also turned off.

So it does appear that the wireless microphone's transmitter is interfering with my wifi connection when I get within arms reach of it. I didn't have time for problem solving but had zero issues for the rest of the day (as I avoided going near the wireless microphone).

Odd, that I had no problem when I tested at home - the only significant difference I can think of is that at the gig I would have been a little further away from the airpot express.

I guess of some note, this gig was a private function in the backyard of a fairly well to-do leafy residential area. So probably nothing much else to cause a problem other than my own equipment.

Cheers

robbocurry:
Your mic seems to be the source of your problems, as suggested you should get it's rf output analysed.
Over the summer I ran seven radio mics and wireless iems on two different bands and never had a glitch with the iPad. I was using frequencies in the 606mhz and 860mhz bands. I wouldn't have thought anything other than digital mics on 2.4ghz would have messed with an iPad. Is this problem just a recent development or has it always been like this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version