Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Sticking button ?

<< < (3/5) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on August 18, 2014, 03:37:55 PM ---Yeah, I was really thinking about running out to the van to get my backup mixer (you know). Like I said in my previous post, I really really like the DL, but like you said, if I may quote you "It's always going to be a worry on the mind." I think that for my piece of mind, if it's a small gig, just use my ZED10.

Still, I would like a reply from Beno and am going to push for a replacement for the school. Maybe I'm spitting in the wind? :'(

PS: my speakers are brand new and they were still powered up. Hopefully it wasn't them. What are the odds that 2 brand new cabs would quit at the same time for 20 seconds? Quantum Singularity again?  :eek:

--- End quote ---
I see you couldn't resist GAS on new Yorkville toys (am I correct?). Fat chance it was the speakers. :)

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on August 18, 2014, 11:10:40 AM ---I am surprised that you couldn't just force the app off and restart it.  As a thin client, it should have released the stuck fader.

--- End quote ---
Come on Wynnd a thin client will only function if the server is listening as in this case with the DL which is obviously stuck waiting for a specific reply ignoring everything else. That was known in my days as sloppy programming.

Keyboard Magic:
Wynnd;

The speakers were plugged into the same circuit as the rest of my gear on a heavy duty
filtered power bar. Maybe, but I hope not.

WK; They are brand new Yorkie toys. And to be honest I've never had one fail on me out of the box, so far that is.
Anything is possible of course. Could be operator error too! (Moi of course!) Maybe just evil spirits >:D

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on August 18, 2014, 06:23:50 PM ---Wynnd;

The speakers were plugged into the same circuit as the rest of my gear on a heavy duty
filtered power bar. Maybe, but I hope not.

WK; They are brand new toys. And to be honest I've never had one fail on me out of the box, so far that is.
Anything is possible of course. Could be operator error too! (Moi of course!) Maybe just evil spirits >:D

--- End quote ---
You missed the "Mackie" part of evil spirits  >:D
Are you going to keep us in suspense on you new toys?

Keyboard Magic:
Ok. No more suspense. Yes they are Yorkville PS12Ps with the mandatory over inflated Yorkville power ratings. They are very nice, but a bit on the heavy side for my old bones. 60 pounds each! Ow!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version