Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Sticking button ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Wynnd:
Audio quitting?  My take is that can't be blamed on the ipad.  The mixer itself does all the actual changes and the ipad is just telling it what to do.  (Exception is when the ipad is used as a sound source when docked.)  Only thing I can think, is that the mixer had an internal chip either go haywire or more likely overheat and shut down.  This one should be reported to Mackie.   Hopefully it never happens again.

Wondering if there was any blockage on the mixer or if it was out in the sun.  (Been keeping mine in the shade when outdoors.)

Keyboard Magic:
Wynnd;

Thank you for your reply. The DL was inside and there was enough space around it to let the air flow around it. It had a chance to get up to operating temperature but it happened exactly after 30 minutes. I actually looked at my watch when the sound died! And even though the unit is not mine, I am responsible for it. The school really doesn't know how to look after it.

I actually wrote an email to Beno the same day, describing in detail what happened to this DL. I am counting on a response soon? I'm sure that since I cannot reproduce this glitch on a regular basis, I don't know what Mackie can do. I would however try to convince them that since this unit is used by a school, a new replacement would be in order. Fingers crossed. ;)

Wynnd:
This is a lot like the car that's still under warranty and decides to stop running.  If it starts right back up, you drive on and don't think about it.  But you might not want to wander any of those very lonely roads with no services for many miles.  It's always going to be a worry on the mind.

Keyboard Magic:
Yeah, I was really thinking about running out to the van to get my backup mixer (you know). Like I said in my previous post, I really really like the DL, but like you said, if I may quote you "It's always going to be a worry on the mind." I think that for my piece of mind, if it's a small gig, just use my ZED10.

Still, I would like a reply from Beno and am going to push for a replacement for the school. Maybe I'm spitting in the wind? :'(

PS: my speakers are brand new and they were still powered up. Hopefully it wasn't them. What are the odds that 2 brand new cabs would quit at the same time for 20 seconds? Quantum Singularity again?  :eek:

Wynnd:
Might be the speakers, if somebody pulled the plug, and they were on a separate circuit.  The first time I experienced white noise with this mixer, was when my lead vocalist wireless microphones had somebody else on the same channel and the squelch wasn't keeping it out. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version