Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R Talkback bug

<< < (2/4) > >>

tmn126:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 09, 2014, 07:10:51 PM ---Welcome to the forum and welcome to Beta testing. This is how  it works, you find the problems and report back to the manufacturer what you found. This is done on a formal basis with companies such as Microsoft, Apple etc. or done on a shoestring like Mackie. The effort behind what to do with the input is what makes the difference. It's still an inexpensive way to QC compared to a rigorous in-house testing program.

--- End quote ---

Haha, Thank you,

While I do agree that more often it is the norm to release products half baked, I also understand that the market demands a new toy every 10 minutes and if you don't provide it someone else will.  While it can be a little frustrating, I must admit I'm also far to willing to play guinea pig when bated with all these new toys..  For a couple thousand the new functionality outweighs the bugs (for me anyways), if it were $10K plus I would be out for blood..

Cheers.. 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on December 09, 2014, 07:44:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on December 09, 2014, 07:10:51 PM ---Welcome to the forum and welcome to Beta testing. This is how  it works, you find the problems and report back to the manufacturer what you found. This is done on a formal basis with companies such as Microsoft, Apple etc. or done on a shoestring like Mackie. The effort behind what to do with the input is what makes the difference. It's still an inexpensive way to QC compared to a rigorous in-house testing program.

--- End quote ---

WK;

From your experience and the bug reports on MF3. Are these non critical issues? Because I wouldn't run a back yard BBQ at home with a DL and MF3 and rely on it until most of the bugs have been corrected. I can't imagine running a big production with a DL and relying on MF3 right now. Sure some of these can be overlooked and worked around. But I'm glad that the DL I use is still on v2.1.1 and it's working just fine. Probably one of the lucky ones.

What is your take on this? Am I just being a little paranoid?

--- End quote ---
As I explained before it all depends on your expectations from the manufacturer. You confidence level is based on their past performance and of course any current issues. I was on a project back in the 90"s (USAF MATS field comm. ) and still remember the General in charge's statement "Failure is not an option". It certainly doesn't apply here. Caution rather than paranoia is what I would call it. Time to step back from hugging trees and looking at the forest. None of us want to buy equipment for the challenge of workarounds we just want it to do the job it was advertised to do. Mackie at this point doesn't measure up and may never due to poor management decisions.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: tmn126 on December 09, 2014, 08:08:26 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Haha, Thank you,

While I do agree that more often it is the norm to release products half baked, I also understand that the market demands a new toy every 10 minutes and if you don't provide it someone else will.  While it can be a little frustrating, I must admit I'm also far to willing to play guinea pig when bated with all these new toys..  For a couple thousand the new functionality outweighs the bugs (for me anyways), if it were $10K plus I would be out for blood..

Cheers..

--- End quote ---

tmn126,

I have always wanted to get my hands on the latest and greatest (aside from money) and can't wait to upload the latest MF etc. But I was burned once with a DL and MF/iOS update and have been rather more cautious lately, especially with the MF3 bugs to date. But will most likely update when the first patch is released. I would like to benefit from the new features for sure. :)

WK;

What's the old phrase? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"  ;) And thank you for replying, I appreciate it.  :thu:

tmn126:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on December 09, 2014, 08:58:20 PM ---tmn126,

I have always wanted to get my hands on the latest and greatest (aside from money) and can't wait to upload the latest MF etc. But I was burned once with a DL and MF/iOS update and have been rather more cautious lately, especially with the MF3 bugs to date. But will most likely update when the first patch is released. I would like to benefit from the new features for sure. :)

WK;

What's the old phrase? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"  ;) And thank you for replying, I appreciate it.  :thu:

--- End quote ---

Very true, thankfully though we're taking the month off so for me it's perfect timing for the switch.  Lots of time to work out the glitches (I hope) and re-wire the rack  :)

tmn126:
Here's the message, this was with a brand new snapshot created from the default 32R show.  Added the Talkback routing change, saved the snapshot, and viola..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version