Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Small talk

<< < (5/5)

Keyboard Magic:
Amen, to that!  8)

MrDOS:
Wow - It's nice to not be the oldest guy in the room, for once (55)!  :D

Still using the DL32R every week, and still loving it.  Thought about getting the control surface, but haven't really needed it.

Parenthetically, I ran FOH for Tony Exum Jr. at an outdoor show in Colorado Springs last year.  He brought an ancient laptop for backing tracks.  It gave diskspace warnings that would "ding" for all to hear :D

dpdan:
"It gave diskspace warnings that would "ding" for all to hear"

OH MY WORD!!!   :P

CyberHippy:
We keep our DL1608's around as our "oh shit" mixers in case anything goes wrong with our Soundcraft Si consoles (which have become our standard). I use them for grab&go gigs, more often in the winter than this time of year especially now that I have an Expression 1 that packs very small. I just work better & faster with physical faders, if the Axis had come out a couple of years earlier I might have gone that route (still might eventually, who knows?).

This is my busiest year every (been hearing that from a LOT of other engineers) & it feels good to have so many options among modern consoles!

In the spirit of the thread: I just turned 47 & fully plan on continuing this business for at least another 20 years, I just LOVE mixing bands and helping make a scene happen!

dpdan:

--- Quote from: CyberHippy on August 08, 2017, 10:54:13 PM ---I just LOVE mixing bands and helping make a scene happen!

--- End quote ---

That's cool to hear!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version