Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Small talk

<< < (2/5) > >>

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: Weogo on July 02, 2017, 03:18:44 AM ---Hi John,

On the 9th I start the Swannanoa Gathering:
 http://www.swangathering.com/

After October I could loan you a DL1608 or DL32R while you get your DL repaired, if you can wait that long.

--- End quote ---

Very cool about your setup there Weego!

I keep holding on... hahaha I'll probably rip the thing out of the rack and give it a reseat in the next couple weeks as I am down an input on the 2nd row of XLRs right now (I mean, I just have to remember to move to another input, but still).

I keep going back and forth about what to do.  If I buy another DL32R, we're talking about some older technology and I would hate to see something new and shiny come out in 2018 after making that investment.
I've loved and supported the DL32R and before that the 1608.

Thank you so much for the offer, who knows, I might talk with you about it.    What an awesome community.

dpdan:
Hi guys,
I have been using the DL32R for about three years now and I love this thing, AND SO DOES MY BACK compared to what it replaced!

Recently I purchased a DC16 and use it for concerts, and corporate events, AND IT IS SO COOL,
but much of the time I am doing jobs like wedding receptions and the console is not necessary.
So many other systems that CAN use an iPad to mix don't work unless the console is set up,
it is SO nice to not have to even bring the console if all I need is an iPad.

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: dpdan on July 02, 2017, 05:40:12 PM ---Hi guys,
I have been using the DL32R for about three years now and I love this thing, AND SO DOES MY BACK compared to what it replaced!

--- End quote ---

Very nice... gives the rig a whole new world of use that would be super for some of the larger shows. A bit pricey for me, but it sure is sexy...  that thing is wired though, right? Just a cat 5 cable?

Anyway...  the feature set of the dl32r itself is very attractive... using iPads is nice, but there are others that let use use any device with html5 support, and others that support iThings/android, most without a pc necessary.
Some have enhanced branded effects engines...   

I'm locked into 3u size, I would hate to buy a new rack to replace my mixer, adding more expense.

dpdan:
Hi John, you are correct,
it connects via a single CAT5 cable
and it is indeed sexy :)

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: dpdan on July 03, 2017, 05:43:57 PM ---Hi John, you are correct,
it connects via a single CAT5 cable
and it is indeed sexy :)

--- End quote ---

What a dream that would have been for me a few years back as we dragged a 150ft 32x4 snake around for a 32 channel 8 bus mackie, then another 24 in/8 out monitor mixer with its own snake and splitters...   Holy cow have we come a long way to be able to have it all in a single box sitting on the stage with an ipad out front and each person mixing their own monitors on stage with iThings.... then add the physical console with a single cat 5 cable.   wow.  just wow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version